ANYONE watching the royal wedding

mendiplogs

Good luck Tom:thumbup1: When you become rich n famous don't forget we've been mates for ages.

No problems mate. You can be part of the Wedding party. Your main duties will be keeping an eye on Plippy the Page Boy, making sure he doesn't get tongue marks on the windows of the horse drawn carriage.:thumbup1:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I won't watch it. Mainly because it will a tear to my eye and big boys don't cry

I fail to see how all the pomp and ceremony could fail to move anyone with just a little pride in this country and what it has stood, and still stands, for.

Long may they live and reign.

I wrote "Wow!" in my diary today at seeing all that pageantry - it was visually stunning; the colour, the gleaming guards on horseback, the precision. I don't normally follow London or Royal events but that was just a feast for the eyes.

Having a Royal Family is what distinguishes us from countries such as America, in my view it is a reflection of our history, heritage and culture. Our Royals' history and extended Royal Family are what has made this country great in the past, and what it is today. And before anyone points out how it's somewhat going to the dogs recently, I believe that the attitude shown to the Royals in some of these posts, which is reflected in wider society, goes hand in hand with the general loss or respect for ourselves and others that todays society unfortunately displays.

Spot on mate.

Check out the trees inside the abbey !

What's that all about ?

Great choice and increases my respect for the couple given what they represent.

Field Maples and Hornbeam it said early. Represent strenght and courage... or something like that. Going to be planted in one of the gardens after.

Brilliant.

To those that have recognised the true value in being British, hats off to you.

Anything that installs pride in this country and its heritage in my eyes is to be given the respect it deserves.

Just seeing any of our armed forces, in any public event or scenario, makes me proud to know that they, and other organisations; the Royals, are what makes this country and its true inhabitants the real country it is, and will long continue to be regardless of creed or colour.

"Proud of Britain"

It is such a sweet and sour feeling for me. Sheer sadness at the way not just Great Britain but the World is going but then great joy at the gladness this event has brought into peoples hearts. It made me realise that I actually love the Queen! She is a righteous Sovereign. Where do these lump-in-the-throat feelings come from?!

wasnt going to, but have been and i am rather moved by it it has to be said, always been proud of britain, but these two install a lot of hope, they are fine fine people and will make a wonderful and very bright monorchy in the years to come, of that I have no doubt.

Well done william on making nature and trees a central part, for that we are indebt.

Ditto.

This is bringing back some great memories in our household today.

My father in law drove the coach that took Diana to St Pauls cathedral on her big day, back in '81.

RIP Richard, remembered fondly today.

Blimey! Claim to fame or what! :thumbup:

We watching bits and pieces of it......i have been deadwooding London Planes in Hyde Park opposite the barraks.......been listening to the military bands rehearsing and the cavalry.......very nice.

Mr Halksworth added: "The trees are attractive, native trees - a great celebration of nature which is lovely to associate with a wedding."

He said the trees were chosen because they are seasonal, native British trees.

The hornbeam is known for being extremely hard and is said to symbolise resilience. The English field maple is said represent humility and reserve. It is the favoured wood used for harp making and it is also used to create medieval loving cups.

Cool.

Well put Dodger.

I feel very proud to be British at the moment.

Likewise; trying to forget the countries embarrasing traits - frankly the UK has been an object of derision, largely thanks to the EU and it's laws which we've not just got into bed with but are heavily pregnant with.

well that was pretty cool.

The two formations just flew directly over our house.

the Boys are going bonkers out in the garden !

Wow! That Reginald Mitchell left some icon to us eh!

That fly past was awsesome...

Damn I wish I'd made the effort to go instead of watching it on the box.

Me too...

Why would anyone be interested in the royal wedding? why? for what reason?

these people have no relevance on my life, they achieve their place in society through hereditary entitlement, the whole things a joke, a big joke and they've been laughing at us for centuries, the wealthy and privileged few have treated the rest of population like total scum, throwing us off our land and out of homes to make way for their greed and obscene lifestyles.

Morrissey was so right when he said the royal family were 'benefit scroungers'

Groan... I saw a bus in Glasgow advertising Irn Bru - it said "I had an Irn Bru in '66 but don't keep going on about it". How about we had a to-do with a lanky sassanack 800 years ago and must keep going on about it. For heavens sake.

you need to let it go mate....it was hundreds of years ago...you're FREE now :biggrin:

Right.

Think youll find yourself in a verry small narrow minded minority.:sneaky2:

The royal family are more enslaved by us than we are by them!

These two are a lovely pair, make a great couple and are obviously very much in love, celebrate that, or keep quiet:001_tt2:

Here here.

i can't say i'm a fan of the royal family, each to their own but these negative comments, are they not a sign of jealousy as it wasn't you born in there position?

and if you were born in their position would you distance yourself from that and become one of us "norms", somehow i don't think so!

if you like then royal family then fair enough but it you only have negative things to say, whats the point? It gets peoples backs up and causes arguments over something that you as an individual have no control over what so ever

I remember my wedding day and it was one of the best of my life and i hope they (william and kate) have had a thouroughly enjoyable day

Aye to that.

Not quite Mr Stockbridge, not quite sir :biggrin:

...........the fact that people defend a family who take money which we've earned so that they dont have to work - basically a kind of finely spread out form of slavery, and at the same time proclaim themselves as being somehow higher than the rest of us is something that I will never ever understand.

if YOU were born in that position would you still be complaining?

Thank you for expressing what, I feel:thumbup: The Royal family, landowners and farmers are biggest benefit scroungers in the UK!

Whats all this if you can not say something nice do not say anything at all, does this list include Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot, Wayne Rooney etc.?

You might want to look up the Riot Act (1714) learn about all those glorious occasions when hussars and lancers run a blade through innocent men, women and children in the name of a German King or Queen. I do not need a Royal wedding or is it a private wedding to make me fell proud to be English it is remembering the Putney debates, the levellers, tolpuddle martyrs and those match girls!

what one suggests is that THIS day is a day of celebration, whatever your political/religious beliefs or views, it is a matter of manners and decency, give them this one day.

Edited by Tony Croft aka hamadryad

what one suggests is that THIS day is a day of celebration, whatever your political/religious beliefs or views, it is a matter of manners and decency, give them this one day.

A persons political/religious beliefs or views will determine if they consider a Royal wedding as a national or private day of celebration. This will also determine what different people consider as manners and decency given these are not universal values that people are born with but are determine by many different social factors.

I would not worry, I am sure that no one from Arbtalk could upset the big day unless someone from BP's gardening team is lurking and gets caught with a footman in the bushes near the national mulberry collection:confused1:

It's not a person's birth status that defines them as a person, but rather what they do and how they live their lives regardless of rich, poor, me, you, them.

William is doing a fine job of cementing his place as one of our history's most loved monarchs.

If his wife is anything like as gracious as she is beautiful, then I can look forward to their reign. Hope is one thing people need right now. They've just given it to a lot.

I wish them every happiness. He's done his mother proud!

A persons political/religious beliefs or views will determine if they consider a Royal wedding as a national or private day of celebration. This will also determine what different people consider as manners and decency given these are not universal values that people are born with but are determine by many different social factors.

I would not worry, I am sure that no one from Arbtalk could upset the big day unless someone from BP's gardening team is lurking and gets caught with a footman in the bushes near the national mulberry collection:confused1:

:banghead:

:banghead:

I have no idea what you are trying to suggest by banging your head against a wall. However, I do now wonder what are the manners and decency of marrying a 19 year old virgin whilst still banging your married catholic mistress?:sneaky2:

Do not worry if you can not answers the question either can the Princess of Wales:001_tt2: