post your motorbikes

WoodED

Yer that was me, you riding the practice day at great ayton this sun?

Don't reckon I'll make it, didn't realise it was on and forks still need some fettling - they keep pressurising and blowing the rebound adjuster off the top.

Edited by Chris Sheppard

I haven't ridden a bike for 2 years, has anyone else given up riding through fear of being off work for an extended period in the event of an accident or injured profoundly enough that you can no longer climb?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I haven't ridden a bike for 2 years, has anyone else given up riding through fear of being off work for an extended period in the event of an accident or injured profoundly enough that you can no longer climb?

I regularly wish I was still kite surfing and going bigger and harder on my mountain bike but mortgage and work did slow me down. But I'm getting itchy feet with the kite surfing again lately. I'll just have to not hurt myself next time.

Anyway, I'm too scared to get a bike for this very reason. I know I'll get hurt!!

I regularly wish I was still kite surfing and going bigger and harder on my mountain bike but mortgage and work did slow me down. But I'm getting itchy feet with the kite surfing again lately. I'll just have to not hurt myself next time.

Anyway, I'm too scared to get a bike for this very reason. I know I'll get hurt!!

It's sooo tempting isn't it, but I'm just too scared I spent 9 months off with a badly broken ankle the other year and financially it crippled me. I love my bikes but just can't justify the risk, interestingly enough I have gotten into mountain biking as a substitute. Slightly less risk I was thinking but now you mention it you could suffer a fairly unfortunate one on those too.

The way I look at it is that we spend most of the week doing a job that could potentially cause a good amount of serious bodily harm or worse, how much more dangerous can riding a motorbike be, if any?

here is my 2004 DRZ400, im practicing for full bike licence and just getting used to riding it through the fields for now:biggrin:

I used to do the same, but I have to say, get a 125 and do cbt, it's amazing how quickly it drops into place just being out on the road.

I'm going to run around on it this summer and I might well throw some cash at doing the tests to see how it goes before autumn.

If I fail then I'll just do a 3 day course next summer.

Tool mine to AMS today for a service and check over today, had a great ride there and back this morning but it was hosing it down this afternoon when I took their demo bike back to pick mine up. Less fun.

But still fun!!!