post your motorbikes

WoodED

Excited like a kid at Christmas!

My first road bike is being delivered tomorrow!

Did my cbt a couple if weeks ago and have been umming and aahing about going straight into my big test or getting a 125 to get some experience in.

Looked at lots of 125's but they were all pretty nasty.

A mate bought a 125 Varadero which is actually quite a nice bike.

But then I saw the KTM Duke 125 and decided that would do me.

Can't wait, found a 61 plate up north within budget. Went out and blew out on some gear today so I'm all set!

I loved my varadero, was a loverly bike, nice one on the ktm, a good mate did his cbt yesterday and picked up his new yzf125, when he saw my ninja 250r he loved the idea of a bike,

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I last did cbt in 2005 so this time around I wasn't going to hang about and the intention was to go all the way straight off the bat, but I actually quite like the idea of working up the ladder. Pootling about on the little ktm for this summer is quite appealing!

Hopefully it will get me out of some of my dirt bike bad habits as well......!

No doubt it will soon get tiresome but until then I'm going to enjoy it.

I look a bit like I'm about to head across Africa on a GS with my gear on rather than to the shops on a 125 but with a bit of luck it will last me well into my next bike!

Excited like a kid at Christmas!

My first road bike is being delivered tomorrow!

Did my cbt a couple if weeks ago and have been umming and aahing about going straight into my big test or getting a 125 to get some experience in.

Looked at lots of 125's but they were all pretty nasty.

A mate bought a 125 Varadero which is actually quite a nice bike.

But then I saw the KTM Duke 125 and decided that would do me.

Can't wait, found a 61 plate up north within budget. Went out and blew out on some gear today so I'm all set!

Nice one :thumbup1:

I reckon before you know it you'll have big test booked :biggrin:

Nice one :thumbup1:

I reckon before you know it you'll have big test booked :biggrin:

Next summer I reckon, want to take my time and enjoy it!

Did a couple of hundred miles yesterday, all good until the throttle cable snapped at Brecon...! :001_rolleyes: Threw away the sheathing, re-fed the cable up through the frame and wrapped it round the twist grip to do the 50 mile journey home. Bit tricky pulling out of junctions in town... :laugh1:

image.jpg.ec6527fbe96da974602395dbf1ff5a35.jpg

That looks lovely :thumbup1:

Good thinking with the throttle cable too.

Just got back from the maiden voyage with my KTM, me and Buzzsurgeon did a Vintage enduro up in Northumberland today and it was ace. Flowing and fast with a few more technical bits in and slack check times too.

Was a bit nervous as haven't ridden a 2 stroke for over 10 years, and always had been 125's on the whole - don't know what the fuss was about - the 250's just amazing! Think front tyre wear could be minimal but it's not half as savage as I was expecting.

It ran great all day, despite me having to araldite a crack in the radiator minutes before my start time (serves me right for last minute fettling - nipped up a rad mount a bit hard :blushing:) but it held out and we both got to the end and neither of us lost any time all day - just need t osee who set the fastest test times now :lol:

That looks lovely :thumbup1:

Good thinking with the throttle cable too.

Just got back from the maiden voyage with my KTM, me and Buzzsurgeon did a Vintage enduro up in Northumberland today and it was ace. Flowing and fast with a few more technical bits in and slack check times too.

Was a bit nervous as haven't ridden a 2 stroke for over 10 years, and always had been 125's on the whole - don't know what the fuss was about - the 250's just amazing! Think front tyre wear could be minimal but it's not half as savage as I was expecting.

It ran great all day, despite me having to araldite a crack in the radiator minutes before my start time (serves me right for last minute fettling - nipped up a rad mount a bit hard :blushing:) but it held out and we both got to the end and neither of us lost any time all day - just need t osee who set the fastest test times now :lol:

Cheers Chris, it's pretty innoffensive for a 125! Fun to ride, nothing like my old 2t 250, but puts a real smile on my face on twisty back b-roads....!

Good to hear your bike's earning its keep now, would love to have a crack at something similar!