Favorite Chipper

tractor10_0

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need under 750 kg, I would go with the TW, because its purpose built for the job.

I'd rather have the TP equivalent any day.

Price would be a big factor in favour of the TW. with the Euro so high, german machines are getting even more ludicrously expensive.

Is the little TP a good machine? The TP200 of mine is quite neat. I do like a turntable on a chipper.

And you sir, are a prize A1 Moron. I've probably forgotten more than you will ever know about chipper engineering.

well, if thats the case I look forward to seeing this amazing new chipper of yours, i'll be watching this space, if its crap, you've got no excuses.

are you one of those patronising sales people at all the shows? hope not.

in any case i'm too busy with the tree surgery side of things to be bothered with chipper maintenance which is why i bought a jensen as all you need to do is grease a few nips and sharpen/change the blades, unlike a TW which falls apart after 40 hours.

I'm the UK importer. I sold all the Coneheads in Ireland. Who's was it - CCTM's?

Possibly.

well, if thats the case I look forward to seeing this amazing new chipper of yours, i'll be watching this space, if its crap, you've got no excuses.

in any case i'm too busy with the tree surgery side of things to be bothered with chipper maintenance which is why i bought a jensen as all you need to do is grease a few nips and sharpen/change the blades, unlike a TW which falls apart after 40 hours.

Possibly.

jensens need more daily maintenance than any other chipper i have owned or used

yes, but they are very good.

on that we will dissagree we have had a proper friday afternoon machine that has had more faults than a skoda more gearboxes than sets of blades and has spent more time in the garage awaiting parts and warranty work than i care to mention

but i do think we have been unlucky

and the tw250 out performs it every day

and the tw250 out performs it every day

how many hours has the 250 done and what jensen model are you comparing it to?

is the 250 the double wheel trailer one? if so then its useless for the tight access work i do, if its tracked then thats ok.

No, I'm a tree surgeon with a bent for engineering

in any case i'm too busy with the tree surgery side of things to be bothered with chipper maintenance

You do surprise me....

Re your new chipper - I think you should concentrate on a basic model before you jump the gun with a turntable - extra weight, extra cost.

Thanks for the patronising advice. Would you like to pat me on the head whilst your at it?