Favorite Chipper

tractor10_0

one of my friends has a TW150 and he had to remove that crappy black plastic box that covers the rollers because it kept getting jammed up with twiggy sh*te and stubby stuff, now he uses in residential areas with the cover off - hse wouldn't be happy. i'm waiting for one the workers to stick their had in it. didn't that roller cover bit on the old Entec version used to be made of steel? weight issue then i guess, my friends 150 also doesn't have brake.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of my friends has a TW150 and he had to remove that crappy black plastic box that covers the rollers because it kept getting jammed up with twiggy sh*te and stubby stuff, now he uses in residential areas with the cover off - hse wouldn't be happy. i'm waiting for one the workers to stick their had in it. didn't that roller cover bit on the old Entec version used to be made of steel? weight issue then i guess, my friends 150 also doesn't have brake.

heres a thought...he could have cleaned it out regularly?

My tw been going 7 years with out a fault just the usual regular oil change i change the blades every 5 days they aint expensive and it get optimum performance always i only have a tw 150 and its everything i want in a chipper a work horse.

If you compare apples for apples tw is the daddy and that my old chums is the reason its the most sold used arb chipper in the universe lol.

I dont wanna hump some tonne chunk of steel that pops a stress fracture every speed hump cos its to weighty. I herd some one state sclapmingers have bigger flywheels my 150 whoops the schlise equiv as tested against a freinds.

:sneaky2:

heres a thought...he could have cleaned it out regularly?

ha ha! its the only chipper he's had that does that, all the other chippers didn't need to be clean out regularly! TW are good for people who do leylandii hedge reductions ,, in fact thats what they were designed for which is why when you give them a large beech removal, they done sh*t themselves.

thats nonsense......ive done many a big tree with a timberwolf or other small chipper.......you just need to dress branches accordingly....i find it fustrating as heck watching people trying to force big brances and forks into smaller chippers, only to start losing their temper and start cussing the machine.....its not rocket science!

thats nonsense......ive done many a big tree with a timberwolf or other small chipper.......you just need to dress branches accordingly....i find it fustrating as heck watching people trying to force big brances and forks into smaller chippers, only to start losing their temper and start cussing the machine.....its not rocket science!

long term, a TW is the wrong chipper to buy if you are gonna be doing a lot of larger tree surgery work in confined streets/driveways. its not rocket science. a 6 inch Jensen is the way to go if you need a robust small chipper, the germans know how to build woodchippers and they done built a good one with the a530 and the old a528s.

How many times have you seen a TW 150 chute block up? I reckon TW150 chute blockage is responsible for over a million lost hours per year in tree surgery work in the UK. All those wages standing around while one guy tries to dig out the chip from the puny flywheel area. why are TW150/190 chutes so skinny anyway. Want a real chute look at american chippers, how many times does a Bandit get blocked.....never.

long term, a TW is the wrong chipper to buy if you are gonna be doing a lot of larger tree surgery work in confined streets/driveways. its not rocket science. a 6 inch Jensen is the way to go if you need a robust small chipper, the germans know how to build woodchippers and they done built a good one with the a530 and the old a528s.

How many times have you seen a TW 150 shoot block up? I reckon TW150 shoot blockage is responsible for over a million lost hours per year in tree surgery work in the UK. All those wages standing around while one guy tries to dig out the chip from the puny flywheel area. why are TW150/190 shoots so skinny anyway. Want a real shoot look at american chippers, how many times does a Bandit get blocked.....never.

Owned a few Bandits. Blocked them up plenty of times too.

I would say there is nothing to choose between small TW and small Jensen.