Favorite Chipper

tractor10_0

WHOA! radical thinking steve:001_tongue:

It always amazes me how many people dont maintain their chippers.

likewise how much time folk spend maintaining a £400 pound chainsaw to a 15k or more chipper and the chipper usually does a lot more work in a day and how often we sharpen a saw to make cutting easier when a chipper with sharp blades chips better and causes less damage.

I totally agree with coments on build quality issues but price usually reflects that

when we bought our tw250 we could not get a 8 inch schlising for the same money

spare parts availability count for loads

our jensen was of the road for 6 yes 6 weeks for a new control lever

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

long term, a TW is the wrong chipper to buy if you are gonna be doing a lot of larger tree surgery work in confined streets/driveways. its not rocket science. a 6 inch Jensen is the way to go if you need a robust small chipper, the germans know how to build woodchippers and they done built a good one with the a530 and the old a528s.

How many times have you seen a TW 150 chute block up? I reckon TW150 chute blockage is responsible for over a million lost hours per year in tree surgery work in the UK. All those wages standing around while one guy tries to dig out the chip from the puny flywheel area. why are TW150/190 chutes so skinny anyway. Want a real chute look at american chippers, how many times does a Bandit get blocked.....never.

my tw 150 has only ever blocked once and wet conifer with blunt blades which sense out stringy stuff

Owned a few Bandits. Blocked them up plenty of times too.

try keeping the blades sharp, its not rocket science!

I would say there is nothing to choose between small TW and small Jensen.

Ha HA! you sir, are indeed the forum comedian. i salute your sense of humour.

a small TW is the equivalent of a B&Q Homelite chainsaw and the jensen? - a Husky 372xp.

Bob, could'nt agree more on the knife issue.

If you do no more than keep sharp knives in your chipper, you'll add YEARS to its working life.

On heavy chipping operations with the big Conehead, I used to replace / turn the knives after 4 hours use. Could do it in 6 minutes after a while....

Bob, could'nt agree more on the knife issue.

If you do no more than keep sharp knives in your chipper, you'll add YEARS to its working life.

On heavy chipping operations with the big Conehead, I used to replace / turn the knives after 4 hours use. Could do it in 6 minutes after a while....

you had a conehead? saw one of them in ireland once, very amazing to see it in action.

try keeping the blades sharp, its not rocket science!

Ha HA! you sir, are indeed the forum comedian. i salute your sense of humour.

a small TW is the equivalent of a B and Q Homelite chainsaw and the jensen? - a Husky 372xp.

And you sir, are a prize A1 Moron. I've probably forgotten more than you will ever know about chipper engineering.