Favorite Chipper

tractor10_0

Not at all! You need to have sharp feed rollers as with all machines, but they do like conifer i find the intermeshed feed rollers work well.

how do you sharpen the rollers on a jensen? and how tight can you make the springs that force the roller down?

i always thought jensens would be better at pulling in the branches in if they had serated teeth on the rollers like some of the schleisings have or do they? I dunno.

jensens need to pull the stuff in better, thats a fact.

why dont jensen make a big wide 12 inch roller like that guy ed is talking about for their 6 inch range?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think jensen feed rollers are too small. Same with TW, and the older greenmechs.

One of the best chippers for munching horrible thorny bushes and big soggy conifer is a vermeer bc1000, with a single giant feed roller.

weight more than likely.

its ok building bigger machines but when you look at the likes of jensen, timberwolf, they are not just looking for 6" capacity, but at keeping the weight of the machine down.

The jensen sub 750kg machine is a joke, imo. Tiny fuel tank, no brakes, and you have to take the chute off to get the weight down every time you tow it on the road. No thanks.

I'd rather have the TP equivalent any day. Even the dreaded TW is better than the jensen.

It chips fine.

Do you take the chute off when you transport it? And do you need to carry extra diesel for it?

Those were the two things that really put me off when I had one on demo. That and the lack of brakes. I like to be able to run the chipper around by hand on my own, and you cant hold the machine and nip round to pop the chocks under the wheels at the same time!

Single big roller is far superior to to tiny rollers at breaking down and dragging in material.

Jensens feed well when the rollers are new, but because the rollers are cast, the loose there edge very quickly. Notice schliesing junked the cast top roller for a welded steel one?

Weight is a big issue, but its pointless having a lightweight machine that falls apart because there's not enough steel holding it together.

i take the chute off, but only cos i dont trust it not to fall off...i can tow the weight on my license so thats not an issue.....its a bit of a bug bear but nothing worth losing sleep over! brakes would be nice for sure, but the money the chipper was, again, im not complaining. and no, i wouldnt dream of working so hard that i got through more than a tank of diesel, jeeeez!

Weight is a big issue, but its pointless having a lightweight machine that falls apart because there's not enough steel holding it together.

its not pointless at all.......

the point is, its at a weight where younger drivers can tow it......not everyone has the grandad rights that we have with regards towing, and that must be a huge headache for companies now when looking to take on staff.