Favorite Chipper

tractor10_0

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got an older 6" TW, and the only problems I've had were down to the previous owner's efforts at reconditioning. It doesn't come out every day, but when it does, I'll often put 6-7 hrs on it in a session, and it copes with that pretty well.

When this one wears out, I'll probably get another TW. As well as performance, spares availability and the fact that it's made in the UK count for me.

I herd some schlise loving sorry no no no over priced not because they have more gear because you have to pay for the import charges etc.

They have slow no stress absurdly to heavy there lightest unit is the 5 inch at what 750kgs. Which is good for sod all with its weak engine you need more power to spin heavy flywheels TW use the right combo of power to weight.

I used three brand new ones and had so many problems the first broke for unknown reasons first day on trial second one ok was man error but over 1 week for repair parts and extorted prices later fixed.

You need a 7.5 tonnne van to tow all there machines or you got no weight for chip stupid germans.

UK market needs a UK chipper TW is for the small to medium company which is 89% of the uk arb.

We need a compact chipper light with 7.5inch capacity with a 750kg tag one day we may.

I've sat back and watched this one rumble on.

Mike isn't back from Egypt 'til monday so we will see what he has to say on the subject if anything.

Personally, upto a certain size, give me a GreenMech over them all. High productivity, UK made, parts from dealers or factory, warranty good, blades cheap and long lasting, machine specification and above all, a rep who isn't full of bulldust who can also have a sense of humour and isn't full of his own self importance.

Some of the previous posts smelt a little of booze by the way.

Best regards to all.

How will it out perform your disk version ones?

Look at any biomass chipper (where efficiency really counts) and they're all drum chippers. drums cut with the grain, not against it.

Will it still be around the same weight and size etc?

Similar weight, but probably more compact.

How did your design/machine compare to the greenmech,timberwolf etc?

Our disk chipper was very similar. Probably closer to a schliesing than a TW or GM. Heavy flywheel and two heavy knives.

IMO, what makes a chipper work well is its ability to crush and drag in material. for that you need a big infeed opening, bigger than the capacity of the chipper, allowing it to ride over and crush awkward forks, knots etc.

so we have a huge top roller with 400cc hydraulic motor, and a smaller bottom roller.

I'm hoping that with the Kohler 40hp engine, we can have it weighing about 600kgs.

Thats if I ever get round to finishing it. Too busy trying to earn a living at the moment....