Official "Yank'" Picture Thread

Here's towards the end of the most beautiful tree I ever cut down. Unfortunately I didn't take before pics for some stupid reason, but this Beech was picture perfect.

First pic is the limb started to lift over the line with the GRCS, 2nd pic it vertical, and 3rd pic how we left it till the next day. Had a few hours the next day cutting up and loading wood.

Excuse the no hardhats, its the first time I've ever climbed without one. I had left them in the pickup truck at the yard.

597653680e45b_7-29-08005.jpg.889957af6563ef76ca05eb202b6d6370.jpg

597653680c27a_7-29-08004.jpg.781b30063ecb8a5736f7aba3fa043a1c.jpg

5976536805819_7-29-08002.jpg.db4c41d7d2c29214c16f6ad546e7d9a4.jpg

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I fly 11 hours drove to Yosemite stood by the falls, drove a day to get to the valley below General Sherman a small town I think was called Three River Juction then a drive up and up and up every one in the back of the car felt sick lost count of the bends then in to the snow to the big boy, worth every min.

However I live 30 mins to an hour away from Tower of london and all the sites and have not been for years as a day out just drove past for work.

Its funny how whats on your doorstep gets forgotten.

So get yourself up they my man.

Enjoy

PS where in CA are you

Regards

Wattie

Ceres, it's just south of Modesto and about 90 miles south of Sacramento.

Ceres, it's just south of Modesto and about 90 miles south of Sacramento.

Sent four or five days in Sacramento city of trees I think they call it. Drove up from san fran to go to the TCIA tread fair. Was showen around but some good guys.

The drive north was almost like drive through parts of England, green lush hillsides, but of course it was spring and I was told that it gets very hot and dry later in the year and you lose the green.

Regards

Wattie

BrendanV, Where were the reasons for taking it down?

She was old and was "affraid of it falling on the house". She didn't want to hear differently, I told her I hope she has enough money to pay the higher cooling bill now.

Can't change some peoples minds.

Sent four or five days in Sacramento city of trees I think they call it. Drove up from san fran to go to the TCIA tread fair. Was showen around but some good guys.

The drive north was almost like drive through parts of England, green lush hillsides, but of course it was spring and I was told that it gets very hot and dry later in the year and you lose the green.

Regards

Wattie

Yeah, the green grass doesn't usually last through May. We have a semi-arid climate here as even though we are only 90 miles away we get probably half the winter rainfall that Sacramento gets. Summers are hot and dry and if we do get any rain it dries out in a day or two and doesn't accomplish anything. We survive on irrigation using the snowpack from the Sierra Nevada mountains as the water source.