Official "Yank'" Picture Thread

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real US is very different to the US we see on the Telly.

Americans are the friendliest people on the planet, and the US is a great place to visit. Despite all the attacks on civil liberties and the patriot act, very few other countries (if any?) value personal freedoms so highly.

I would emigrate there in a second.

Thanks, Ed. Plus, the US is BIG! All four corners and the middle are completely different from each other, with their own distinct ways, peoples, and mannerisms. Judging the US by what you see on the boob tube is just wack, yo. And don't forget we can blow the heads off of thieves here.

Thanks, Ed. Plus, the US is BIG! All four corners and the middle are completely different from each other, with their own distinct ways, peoples, and mannerisms. Judging the US by what you see on the boob tube is just wack, yo. And don't forget we can blow the heads off of thieves here.

Gotto agree with both Ed's and MB's comments. Yes, there are a lot of stereotypes, a lot of idiots (It's not like we don't have them in the UK is it?) but there are an awful lot of great people. I drove 12500 miles around the states about 10 years ago and I met alot of people who I still consider friends. Imagine meeting somone for a couple of days and then months later calling them to say you may be in town. the hospitality was fantastic and we were always welcomed. And beside, look at some of the pics the US dudes put up here. Scenery is amazing and I for one wouldn't mind working there. :001_cool:

This a good thread.

Not work in the us but have help out a couple of times when I have been over there on visits.

I was a member of the tcia and have been to the east and west coast three or four times.

Took one of my lads each time and traveled with my best pal Mick Drewhurst, spent time travling around in a big four wheel drive and see sites that I belived I would never get to see.

Went to San Fran twice and travel north and south ,Yosemite,been to see genarel sherman, and drive all the way to LA.

We arranged on our trips to meet up with tree companies along the way and they welcomed us with open arms you know tree men of the world and all that.

Seen new york, new England but think the stunning South Carolina and the drive down the big sur (coast road south of San Fran) will live with me the rest of my days.

Great county,Great People, Big equipment love it.

No photos until i get to the office but will have a look.

Regards

Wattie

Well I fly 11 hours drove to Yosemite stood by the falls, drove a day to get to the valley below General Sherman a small town I think was called Three River Juction then a drive up and up and up every one in the back of the car felt sick lost count of the bends then in to the snow to the big boy, worth every min.

However I live 30 mins to an hour away from Tower of london and all the sites and have not been for years as a day out just drove past for work.

Its funny how whats on your doorstep gets forgotten.

So get yourself up they my man.

Enjoy

PS where in CA are you

Regards

Wattie