Cordless drills, opinions?

Beezy

The newer Metabo ones do that too not sure about older models , yet some people don't like it as a feature . Probably the guys that have to replace their kit every year cos it's knackered :) .

It doesn't happen very often so doesn't bother me. I would rather it cut out than ruin the batteries (which aren't cheap).

cheers, steve

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a test to see how long a single Milwaukee Fuel 4amp battery would last whilst fitting 0.7mm thick metal roof sheets onto a timber deck....

I drilled a total of 198 0.4mm holes through 0.7mm thick steel sheets.

I screwed a total of 171 chunky roof fixings through the metal sheets and into the timber deck.

Unfortunately my experiment fell short because I finished the job before the battery ran out... the battery was still showing one bar! :thumbup:

Cheers, Steve

image.jpg.a9f17878abced351107f6c97ed645303.jpg

I did a test to see how long a single Milwaukee Fuel 4amp battery would last whilst fitting 0.7mm thick metal roof sheets onto a timber deck....

I drilled a total of 198 0.4mm holes through 0.7mm thick steel sheets.

I screwed a total of 171 chunky roof fixings through the metal sheets and into the timber deck.

Unfortunately my experiment fell short because I finished the job before the battery ran out... the battery was still showing one bar! :thumbup:

Cheers, Steve

[ATTACH]186952[/ATTACH]

Yes 4ah on 18V is loads of power and runtime for anything other than putting in lag bolts all day. Think 2ah is enough for most odd jobs. It's not as if changing a battery is a big deal.

Yes 4ah on 18V is loads of power and runtime for anything other than putting in lag bolts all day. Think 2ah is enough for most odd jobs. It's not as if changing a battery is a big deal.

They were lag bolts (to suit metal roof sheets/ with a rubber washer).... 75mm length with an 8mm socket head. Pretty chunky.

cheers, Steve

They were lag bolts (to suit metal roof sheets/ with a rubber washer).... 75mm length with an 8mm socket head. Pretty chunky.

cheers, Steve

Na that's a sissy bolt :001_tt2:

I meen like these Turbo Coach Screws Yellow Zinc-Plated 10 x 160mm Pk50 | Turbo Coach Screws | Screwfix.com

Whacked in a fair few of these over the years but they do make my little Dewalt impact driver grunt.

I just got my Makita 3 genuine new batteries to celebrate it's 20th birthday. I swear this drill will outlast me. Got a big job putting together recycled plastic wood planters coming up, so no mucking about with wimpy cheap rubbish.

I expect I'll always be a Makita user because this drill is showing no signs of needing replaced.