Your treemotion setup

Lancstree

Dont like them carrytools after getting hung up by them sooo many times so i changed them for some simple bent gate beeners from DMM, they fold flat along side of the harness when nothing hung on them and i can still get my saw out of them 1 handed with a simila twisting of the ring.

I also have a small crab on the right leg loop to hold the tail of my side strop so it aint dragging around my feet all the time. sorry no picks at mo.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 carritools fitted to mine, despise the things, if youre in a tight crown they just seem to clip onto branches that are normally to thick to break free of, and I have to reposition to get free, pita.

For saw connection I use metal ring at the back in red But I attach a rock climbing type dooberry thing that has a small non lockable crab eachend, and about 4-5" of webbing between them, 1 end connects to my saw the other to a locked crab as far forward towards my green side strop point as poss, and stays attached to the saw, just make sure that you dont buy a clip thats to long, mines cool as at no point will it come into contact with the chaimn etc as its not long enough, (go outdoors £12)

Iirc from reading the instructions a bit to in depth, the lower paler green rings are not advised that you can hang from them at a certain degrees below point of anchorage, they are far more comfortable though than the upper rings, as the uppers pinch my more than an inch gut terribly lol. paler ones do work well when snatching off the main stem too.

Edited by jaime bray

Those caritool can be a PITA sticking ut like that. I have large one on each side of my treemotion, but they are so flexible and yet tough, that when branches do get stuck, it isnt much to pull the branch out. Had it about 9 months now and i am withing for the caritools to go brittle mind, which so far they are not showing any signs of. I usually have a lanyard, a 200t, a couple of spare crabs sometimes and posibly a tape sling or two if i think i may need an extra foothold. and of course a first aid kit...:blushing: I have never felt the need to adorn myself like a rag and bone man or rock climber....

The lage ones are a pita, but the good out ways the bad imo,

good for spreading the weght, big saws, moving blocks about, and my rope guide sits pretty nice in there aswell, even took a shovel up once to help get rid of some ivy off a pole

bad for clipping on branches, fences, and worst of all, the dam door latch on the landy,..:cursing: