Unimogs rock thread

Stephen Blair

Got it!

We've had several Unimogs from Vos just like buying second hand cars you have to be careful. One of our longest lasting most reliable Mogs was bought from Vos and gave 10 years of daily reliable use we were sad to see it go but could t afford the downtime tidying it up.

Bought an absolutely mint Unimog direct from Germany, it drove like New and was in impeccable condition, engine blew up within 3 weeks ended up replacing entire block, we have had other engine failures where a rebuild is possible.

Like everything **** can happen.

There are other dealers out there that seem to be more selective with the Unimogs they supply.

And as Skyhuch said about the Unimog you linked its to niche so will take a while to sell.

In which case.... I'm looking for front linkage for mine so I can use the chipper off the front pto. Apart from AC price where else should I be looking? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I've a front linkage that fits on the din plate, it is just missing the slot in arms (could easily be made), I looking for £1500+VAT for it.

As a reluctant outsider to the Mog owners club (I just can't justify it although I seem to be fighting my urges on a monthly basis!) am I missing something with this one U2150L38 | Atkinson Vos

which has been for sale for a while?

It "looks", to the uninitiated, to be a great unit, what am I missing that has left it unsold for so long??

Yep me too. I thought that must be sought after at that price as it has what looks loike a decent 3 point linkage and a winch up front, Crane out back and a 3 way tipping body that cud be expanded to a demountable chip box / timber bed with bolsters etc. Hi speed gearbox, new rubber. That and the space behind the seats ferra shelved out area to take tools, saws etc. Just goes to show it obviously don't tick all the boxes with the 'Mog Mafia' :w00t:

Yep me too. I thought that must be sought after at that price as it has what looks loike a decent 3 point linkage and a winch up front, Crane out back and a 3 way tipping body that cud be expanded to a demountable chip box / timber bed with bolsters etc. Hi speed gearbox, new rubber. That and the space behind the seats ferra shelved out area to take tools, saws etc. Just goes to show it obviously don't tick all the boxes with the 'Mog Mafia' :w00t:

That was my thinking - it "looks" to be quite useful but I recognise there is significant Mog experience on here and I must be missing something!!

That was my thinking - it "looks" to be quite useful but I recognise there is significant Mog experience on here and I must be missing something!!

Wickmulla almost convinced me. I don't think there is such a thing as the perfect Unimog though just one that is right for your needs and work load.