Am I unusual...

janey

Aw, shucks :blushing:

It hasn't stopped them starting up the sodding genies at stupid o'clock in the morning though! I might have to try a few custard creams with the tea next time if I want a lay in :biggrin:

Pah !

Custard Creams, CUSTARD CREAMS !

You west london lot have no style.

get the Waitrose apple & cinamon cookies out girl :001_tt2:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pah !

Do you seriously think that if I had something like that in the house anyone else would stand a chance of getting even a mere crumb before I scoffed 'em???

Oh no no no noooooo.

Pah !

Flapjacks,cinamon and raisons..and honey on a spoon, you londoners are heathens!

I always have a box of iranian dates in the motor in case my meagre expectations are not to be realized.:biggrin:

Tell my young draggers to use the word 'please' when client asks if you'd like a drink,and 'thanks' when brought out.And we always take the mugs back pronto in the hope of more later.

No, hold on to the mugs and take them back when your ready for your next one :wink:

We get offered tea on most jobs and the ones we dont get offered i ask them to stick the kettle on and do they need a hand carrying out the biscuits :thumbup:

I think clients respond to a bit of banter and if you are friendly they are friendly back, i also think it matters that as a small company they meet me in the pricing stage then doing the work rather than sending guys to the house that they have never met as the ice has not been broken as yet.

We had a old lady client ( shes dead now the wee soul) used to proper feed us table out in the garden then proper 3 course lunches and if it was raining she would set the table up in the conservatory, i left a guy there who does some slabbing for me and warned him about the amount of grub he got fed so much he fell asleep on a chair in the conservatory:blushing: she woke him up an hour later with a cup of tea :thumbup::lol:

Legend. RIP

And then of course there is the “brew from hell”

On a housing association contract we were provided with a cup full of warmish pale brown liquid in a cup that hadn’t seen a good wash, ever.

Oh yes!!!!!!!!!!

The pots that are like trees, you age them by counting the rings as you drink !!!:puke:

We had a old lady client ( shes dead now the wee soul) used to proper feed us table out in the garden then proper 3 course lunches and if it was raining she would set the table up in the conservatory, i left a guy there who does some slabbing for me and warned him about the amount of grub he got fed so much he fell asleep on a chair in the conservatory:blushing: she woke him up an hour later with a cup of tea :thumbup::lol:

Legend. RIP

That's classic.

We worked for a nice old woman who insisted on a cup of tea and bicuits before work, out came the silver tray, tea pot and china!

And more recently we worked for a chap where we were on site at 8, and had 4 cups of tea before lunch! We had to refuse in the end, i got a bit tea'd out!!