should I do it or not?

TArrryan

Actually if you cut one side of a conny hedge back hard, yes it will look rough as rats for a while (quite a long while!) but the remaining side will turn back and grow through again, which can be managed and kept in check after time, so all would not be lost.

Tbh I have never seen that! And I have witnessed plenty of neighbour cutting back jobs.

I would just trim it as normal and see if anything else gets said by the council before I even thought of ripping it out.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tbh i wuold do it, there are plenty of people with no work on atm who would be glad of any work, whilst i appreciate what ur saying and the fact that its near your house ect. But this realy is standard work for any tree surgery firm,the hedge has been alowed to grow over the path, the client should of kept it in check. There is no point being involved in this industry, as a contractor unless we are willing to do things that arnt realy ethical for the trees (within reason).

Its such an awful situation be be in.... i have had similar problems...i.e lovely hedge right by the road on full view and the customer has been threatened by the council.

I actually felt ashamed to have my signwritten van next to the job!

My advice, drape a big sheet over your van for the day and paper bag over your head so nobody recognises its you!!

Its such an awful situation be be in.... i have had similar problems...i.e lovely hedge right by the road on full view and the customer has been threatened by the council.

I actually felt ashamed to have my signwritten van next to the job!

My advice, drape a big sheet over your van for the day and paper bag over your head so nobody recognises its you!!

I'm considering doing this now, I think theres just about enough room on the drive to park out of sight. If the job was 10 miles away then I would do it, I wouldn't like it but I would do it because the vast majority of people would easily forget me, I would be another passing surgeon. Unfortunatly because its right around the corner from me its almost certain most people will recognise me. 99.99% of people would probally belive I have convinced the old lady her to do it as well which doesn't bode well for advertising.

I will suggest the idea of fencing to her but as she never really sees that part of the hedge I'm doubtfull she will go with it.

Tbh I have never seen that! And I have witnessed plenty of neighbour cutting back jobs.

I would just trim it as normal and see if anything else gets said by the council before I even thought of ripping it out.

suggested this to her but sods law says the council will just turn up, cut it back and send her a huge bill for the work!!

I would respectfully ask for a site meeting with the LA tree and Hedge person to clarify what they want doing and why, pointing out that it will look a real eyesore forever more rather than the well kept example that it is now! If they still want it done - then I'd do it! safe in the knowledge that codit was ignored and Dr Alex is not recognized locally! and I would be eating meat at the weekend.

Take the side off, leave the stubbs and either put Viginia creaper in there to fill the void or fire thorn to green things up a tad.

Its not a perfect plan but a compromise. Thats option (1) (2) is to talk to the LA, (3) is to take it out and as said re-plant :thumbup1:

I would respectfully ask for a site meeting with the LA tree and Hedge person to clarify what they want doing and why, pointing out that it will look a real eyesore forever more rather than the well kept example that it is now! If they still want it done - then I'd do it! safe in the knowledge that codit was ignored and Dr Alex is not recognized locally! and I would be eating meat at the weekend.

Ditto Pete.

I would also erect a small sign next to it outlining the story so people don't think you are a complete tree rapist!