T.h tree services videos

TREE-SURGEON-ESSEX

mr b I would love to cut trees in new York but bucket trucks well that is just for big sissy's :sneaky2: ding ding.

Speed and safety are a balance any tree surgeon working in the commercial and domestic market must weight up, if your slow you will not survive in Essex as someone else will undercut you and out run you :laugh1:

I think my back would suffer far more than my elbows have you tried to tip prune a tree with two hands on the saw, where do you hold on ? :confused1:

Dont you think working the rope is the biggest cause of tennis elbow, after all a topper is light and the vibes with gloves are not an issue ? as for kick back from one handing well touch wood I must be lucky.

But this is good debate is interesting i have my ways but i like to hear other peoples, Plus people view the channel BONUS :P

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about this, on that job (straight stem) I would have one-handed a lot too, using my other hand for stability, if I didn't have spikes on.

I would have had spikes on though....

Would be pretty boring if we all did it the same, eh?

Back in the day when I did tip pruning I would have had my arse kicked for using a topper, Silky, loppers or Felcos out there.

Agree about the back thing at stretch, and I've never worried too much about a kick one-handing either.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

mr b I would love to cut trees in new York but bucket trucks well that is just for big sissy's :sneaky2: ding ding.

Speed and safety are a balance any tree surgeon working in the commercial and domestic market must weight up, if your slow you will not survive in Essex as someone else will undercut you and out run you :laugh1:

I think my back would suffer far more than my elbows have you tried to tip prune a tree with two hands on the saw, where do you hold on ? :confused1:

Dont you think working the rope is the biggest cause of tennis elbow, after all a topper is light and the vibes with gloves are not an issue ? as for kick back from one handing well touch wood I must be lucky.

But this is good debate is interesting i have my ways but i like to hear other peoples, Plus people view the channel BONUS :P

so its true what they say about essex arbs then :lol::laugh1: ,

Whilst excessive one handed chainsaw use is discouraged and two should always be used where practical there is scope within cs39 for one handed chainsaw use:

12. Demonstrate knowledge of chainsaw handling in exceptional circumstances.

It may be necessary to use a top handled chainsaw in the tree one-handed:

- When working at the extremity of limbs and cutting is required while the other hand is needed to maintain the work position.

- When normal working position cannot be achieved.

Safety first, productivity second for me personally.

Appreciate the honesty Mark :001_smile: I chose not to use spikes as I only use them when I absolutely need to, spikes can be an added danger to the climber and for this small tree it would have been a hindrance not a help.

I hate silky saws I find them more dangerous than a chainsaw, jabbed my knuckle once that's was enough :laugh1:

Jonny care to expand on that I must have missed the memo on essex arbs other than our endearing accent :thumbup:

Nice one KJ tho excessive use is a little vague, I'm sure we all have a different idea on that one :biggrin:

A handy use of one handing is for those angry squirrels that don't appreciate us evicting them when is the training for that one :001_tt2:

I hate using spikes also. will avoid them at all costs. I rarely use one hand on a saw, except for silky. got a few stabs with silky, but that was my own fault not wearing glove on my left hand. we all learn by our mistakes. great thread and every situation is different. Good debate helps us all.

I hate using spikes also. will avoid them at all costs. I rarely use one hand on a saw, except for silky. got a few stabs with silky, but that was my own fault not wearing glove on my left hand. we all learn by our mistakes. great thread and every situation is different. Good debate helps us all.

Decent response we all do have our own idea of how it's done, as long as we all go home it's been a good day :D

Our latest video almost getting the hang of the editing :)

Before you melts bang on yes one of the grounds men is not wearing his skid lid, what can you do you can only throw so many logs at them :D.

And its a pollard stop worrying about it, i don't choose the haircut im just the stylist :P. Structural engineer does the advising.

:thumbup: discuss, debate, most of all enjoy:thumbup:

Interesting.is the image at the end of the film the finished "pollard"?,or is this the beginnings of staged reduction in order to create a pollard?if so the amount of internodal pruning is extreme,to the point of growth points being non existent.please forgive me if I'm assuming too much,and the final shot wasn't the end of the job,if it was,then I'm saddened that someone has initiated this job spec.no offence intended..

Our latest video almost getting the hang of the editing :)

Before you melts bang on yes one of the grounds men is not wearing his skid lid, what can you do you can only throw so many logs at them :D.

And its a pollard stop worrying about it, i don't choose the haircut im just the stylist :P. Structural engineer does the advising.

:thumbup: discuss, debate, most of all enjoy:thumbup:

I couldnt spot him from my phone, BUT why did you continue without him wearing it??????? If my employee hasnt got his on first i stop everything, turn saws off and ask why not, happens again, written warning.

In my eyes thats just bad site management allowing someone to be in a area of risk top the head.

Not bitching or a dig, but if your putting up videos for marketing (as you have) then you really need to be super safe and looking to do everything by the book. (one handed saw). Many a time i havent used footage because of doing something wrong.

Please dont use the excuse other have saying their reasons for posting bad habits in treework is because they wanted to show an honest video. Now im not saying bad habits dont save time and effort just saying that if your selling your service (youtube) then try to do it to "industry best standards" (and yes i do work srt which isnt in the old one)

Just my honest thoughts sorry if it sounds harsh.

Ian