pick up trucks.

Ian C

I am looking for owners advice and comments on different pick up trucks, i am looking at swapping the car and want a truck but for the hell of me cant decide what to go for. I have been looking at the newer models of the Navara and ranger, had a drive of an L200 and hated it so thats out. the navara is my fav but having read reviews on the D40 and what a few have said reguarding reliability issues im stuck.

The ranger is not as nice looking IMO but is there any well know problems with these, i know there was the duel mass flywheel problem with the duratorque engine,are these the same?

Please, im not looking for a truck slaggin match, i want owners advice and comments only. Ta

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a D22 Navara and its great. I'm upgrading to the D40 Navara. Why? I'm happy with the service Nissan have given me over the years. Also the nissan dealer is closest to my house.

I think the best is work out what you want if its towing capacity it's the ranger for you. If its looks then the Navara. If you would like people to steal all your fuel then get the L200 as you will catch the fuel cap release everytime you dip the clutch.

lucky for you i know wer thers a navara for sale,55 ,38k :biggrin:

Details jonny pls

Its for maily family use but will be used for work related stuff now and again, not really that bothered about brand but i want something reliable.

having recently bought an 04 ranger, nissans are plentyfull and cheap, rangers are rare and hold good money, old l200's have high milage and cheaper than rangers but more than nissans, and new style l200s are too much for what they are

but i was looking for low milage and no vat vehicles.....plenty of those with nissans, which made me think, either they are not liked or there are loads about

you can't really go wrong with the rangers, I won't get into slangin match with landy owners, but they have the edge on them for value for money. I have had mine for three years now very reliable! only thing to watch out for is the springs on them, they tend to go after a while. :thumbup:

They are all much of a muchness Ian. The mitsi/ nissan/ toyota brigade all seem the same, and are all failry reliable, comfy roomy and quiet. The ranger/ mazda is a touch more agricultural unless you go for the poncier (for want of a better word) wildtrax, and the landrover is more agricultural again- although the new defenders have all the mod cons and are more car-like than ever before, albeit with the agricultural ability that landrover is reknowned for. Given that you are only occasionaly going to use it for work duties, then I wouldnt spend the enourmous sum on a defender to not use it to its capabilities, esp as you are about 12 foot tall. I reckon, having seen Steve Bullmans nissan, that that would be a very good choice......unless you look at disco3 of course...Obviously it goes without saying that the landrover will out perform and outlast any of the above, but I honestly think that it isnt what you are after.

They are all much of a muchness Ian. The mitsi/ nissan/ toyota brigade all seem the same, and are all failry reliable, comfy roomy and quiet. The ranger/ mazda is a touch more agricultural unless you go for the poncier (for want of a better word) wildtrax, and the landrover is more agricultural again- although the new defenders have all the mod cons and are more car-like than ever before, albeit with the agricultural ability that landrover is reknowned for. Given that you are only occasionaly going to use it for work duties, then I wouldnt spend the enourmous sum on a defender to not use it to its capabilities, esp as you are about 12 foot tall. I reckon, having seen Steve Bullmans nissan, that that would be a very good choice......unless you look at disco3 of course...Obviously it goes without saying that the landrover will out perform and outlast any of the above, but I honestly think that it isnt what you are after.

:lol: not that big mate.

did think about a disco3, had a 300tdi disco and loved it but the price of the d3 and the fact that my farmer friend who i rent my yard off has bhad a load of trouble with his Disco3