How much experience needed to go freelance?

treemeup

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your good at footlocking its not that bad going big, just the initial take off, but i reckon once your up a big tree, it's less tiring to work around with long swings etc.

to get free lance work, start real cheap, knock other subbies out of the area then slowly ease your prices up. i've never been a day out of work. sorry if i sound a bit ruthless

if your good at footlocking its not that bad going big, just the initial take off, but i reckon once your up a big tree, it's less tiring to work around with long swings etc.

to get free lance work, start real cheap, knock other subbies out of the area then slowly ease your prices up. i've never been a day out of work. sorry if i sound a bit ruthless

not one of the best ways to make friends in the arb industry!!!!!!

it is a way of doing things but surely it would be best to be same priced but the better climber????? imo only a crap climber would underprice to get work!!!!

Rubbish crap climbers still charge more. That guy is spot on go cheap your not doing this to make freinds its business at the end of the day.

The smart good climbers are the ones that are willing to go cheap and like it or not people are more interested in price.

I'm a strong believer in me Gran's old saying you get what you pay for, when I wanted a climber for one of my jobs I asked for personal recomendation, not ring round for the cheapest. I agree bad climbers can charge too much but I now know 4 good uns all from personal recommendations and all charge about the same. Non of them over charge fair days work for fair days pay.

you don't get suby work on price, most contractors will pay more for the right climber,if you drop your price your cutting your own throat,you under cut their price so they come back and under cut you,after a while your all working for next to nothing, you should win all work on quality not price.

you don't get suby work on price, most contractors will pay more for the right climber,if you drop your price your cutting your own throat,you under cut their price so they come back and under cut you,after a while your all working for next to nothing, you should win all work on quality not price.

:icon14:

At the end of the day you know your getting there when people come to you, ask if you will to do the job but dont even bother asking how much.

How quick/how cheap - bollux. So long as you do not rip the piss quality will outlast them both.

:icon14:

At the end of the day you know your getting there when people come to you, ask if you will to do the job but dont even bother asking how much.

How quick/how cheap - bollux. So long as you do not rip the piss quality will outlast them both.

Well said!

The smart good climbers are the ones that are willing to go cheap and like it or not people are more interested in price.

maybe where you're from that may be the case.

personally i charge a good rate and do a good job. i wouldnt be interested in working for the sort of client looking for a cheap climber.....in any trade there will always be someone out there willing to do it cheaper...but it aint me.

i think your attitude is a bit off on this one mate.

maybe where you're from that may be the case.

personally i charge a good rate and do a good job. i wouldnt be interested in working for the sort of client looking for a cheap climber.....in any trade there will always be someone out there willing to do it cheaper...but it aint me.

i think your attitude is a bit off on this one mate.

totally agree and lets be honest good climbers arnt cheap

crap climbers that think they are good may be cheap but usually break stuff or take longer:cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing: