climber URGENT nottingham

Tom2020

This thread represents everything that is wrong in treework today.

Mark are you on about the fact that he has priced the job wrong? or that he has''nt got a company name? or the fact that tommo is trying to bite off more than he can chew? Tommo dont take it all to heart we've all made mistakes pricing jobs but let this be a lesson.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark are you on about the fact that he has priced the job wrong? or that he has''nt got a company name? or the fact that tommo is trying to bite off more than he can chew? Tommo dont take it all to heart we've all made mistakes pricing jobs but let this be a lesson.

I have never priced a job I did not have the ability to do.

unfortunately there is a difference... i appreciate we all have to start somewhere, but it helps to start with an experienced crew/climber

I normally get a climber in for jobs like this But hes fully booked and i did not check to see if he was free as most of the time he is.I take on stuff i can mange and gain experience that way.

I admit it its out of my league by far.There are 4 other tree surgeons around where i live and non of them have any Job goings I've been checking every 3months for the last 2Years

What is it about these jobs that you feel you can't cope with? the climb? or dealing with all the stuff.

I'd just get stuck in, if you have your quals and have a competent rescue climber then why not.:001_smile:

Just the climb im too used to climbing trees with crowns and have once central point this to me dose not really have a crown.All the waste is being chipped and left on site so are the logs

don't get me wrong tom i'm not berating you at all, just trying to add my tuppence worth.

i know its a hard slog sometimes for the college kids but as skyhuck said, never price a job you can't do yourself.

in my one and only instance of underpricing it wasn't that i couldn't do the job, i just got my price wrong and never made any money off it lesson learned.

Just the climb im too used to climbing trees with crowns and have once central point this to me dose not really have a crown.All the waste is being chipped and left on site so are the logs

start by getting top off and strip trunk down to where top is going top be having the trunk as a high anchor the just take logs down as if section felling lombardy's are not nice at all if the money was right i would gladly come up and help you out but its a 280mile round trip

it made me realise that i needed to think about all aspects of the job and not just getting in the tree and getting it down!

i have also got the luck of the irish:blushing::lol:

its definately a quicker way of learning when you get things wrong.... but definately not the best!!