Is the Correct?

mark_goldfinch

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You read my mind mark. I was just going to ask the exact same question. I have done a quick search on the net and read a few bits. I have emailed a company to ask about it. If so then it looks like my employers have got some work to do!! Took 7 years for them to finally put me through the trailer course. tight *$%@'s!!!!

From Business support, information and advice | Business Link

The GB rules will apply if you drive a van or other commercial vehicle with a maximum permitted gross weight of 3.5 tonnes or less. They may also apply to drivers of some passenger-carrying vehicles, including public service vehicles on regular services on routes of 50 kilometres.

The Great Britain (GB) domestic drivers' hours rules affect most drivers and commercial vehicles that are not within the scope of the EU rules. They apply only to journeys made entirely or partly on public roads in Britain. Northern Ireland has its own domestic rules.

For more information on the EU rules, see our guide on how to comply with EU drivers' hours rules.

The GB rules won't apply if you are driving in a private capacity, ie not in connection with a job or in any way to earn a living.

You will come under the GB rules if you drive a public service vehicle (PSV) that:

* is used on regular services of 50 kilometres or less

* has eight or fewer passenger seats and is used on regular services within the UK of 50 kilometres or more

* has eight or fewer passenger seats and is used on non-regular services, such as a tour, private hire or a commercial excursion

For definitions of what counts as a public service vehicle and how a regular service is defined, see our guide on drivers' hours rules: the basics.

Other passenger-carrying vehicles driven under permit operations - or used for non-PSV use - also come under the GB rules. See this table to help you decide which rules apply to passenger carrying vehicles - Opens in a new window.

If you drive a goods vehicle, you will need to follow GB drivers' hours rules if the vehicle or vehicle combination - eg a van with a trailer - has a maximum permissible gross weight of 3.5 tonnes or less, and is operated entirely within Britain.

Exemptions

The GB rules do not apply to drivers who do not use public roads, eg driving in connection with road improvements or road maintenance, quarrying, construction work and civil engineering works.

If you drive for fewer than four hours every day in any fixed week, you do not have to meet the drivers' hours requirement for that week. A fixed week runs from 00.00 on Sunday to 00.00 the next Sunday.

Not sure if this helps My mogs are argi class so its never bothered me

It,s not as bad as a can of worm's.

It’s pretty simple really.

If commercially operated a combination of vehicle and trailer may not exceed 3500kg without a tachograph.

Fortunately there is an exemption that tree surgery can use if you stay within 100km of your base

Andy