Hotel Ground Maintenance

garyp

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

commercial contracts can be good/can be bad

all eggs in one basket comes to mind if they keep piling more sites on to you.

Also you and your staff have to keep more than one person sweet- there may be a maintenance manager also a general manager plus the odd bod who comes down from head office- you need to wise up quick

I do though prefer the feel of working in the commercial sector- a bit more grown up:001_smile:

Thanks for all the replies, it's certainly gave me something to think about the past week. At the moment, I be sticking with my domestic customers and not going for the hotel maintenance.

I think in the current financial climate I need to grow organically and not take any short cuts by thinking too big too soon and I'm happy with that.

Price it at top end money if you dont want it. If you get it will be worth while get a subbie to help you if they bin you you bin the subbie I know it sounds harsh but at least you are both in work for good money and if it goes well could be for years. Hope this makes sense. Some of my best jobs I didnt want. If you price it and get it you can say sorry to late already committed.

Commercial contracts are ok but i noticed at the start of the recession the grounds maintenance contracts were the first thing to be knocked on the head. I would rather have more private customers than commercial ones as they are more likely to stick by you through good & bad! Better not to have all your eggs in one basket! I usually price at £20 per hour per person & ride on mower work at £35 per hour (including petrol) + any waste disposal.

i do 8 large residential contracts, and imo id rather be out there working, than sitting waiting for the phone to ring and running around quoting and not getting the jobs:sneaky2:

for me its guaranteed money and work every month (12 months of the year).

saves fuel/time and can aslo fit in the regular jobs to.:thumbup:

• 2 years later...

Depends what your taking to the party.

If its a grands worth of tools and a little van then £20 an hour will tick the box for some folk but financially you would be better off at £7.50 an hour on the hooks strimming somewhere .

2 men, pick up, trailer, scagg/ ride on plus insurances, fuel and the most important parts, skills and experience then if your not taking home minimum £500 a day then your just going to have a life of finance and no money imo.

Depends what your taking to the party.

If its a grands worth of tools and a little van then £20 an hour will tick the box for some folk but financially you would be better off at £7.50 an hour on the hooks strimming somewhere .

2 men, pick up, trailer, scagg/ ride on plus insurances, fuel and the most important parts, skills and experience then if your not taking home minimum £500 a day then your just going to have a life of finance and no money imo.

:thumbup: well said