Kids........Aaaarrgghh!

Andy Collins

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

was kinda anoyed at some of the coments about the younger generation but to be honest i have to agree. most of my generation are idle and incompetent. especialy the younger ones.

but i put this down to the schooling nowadays when you go through school it is channeling you to go to uni (even if your not academicaly capable). there is no work ethic (i was always taught to pay my way) but at school they always are like take a loan out pay it off later. iff not leave school sign on.

youngsters are taught this in built dependancy on the nanny state to give them everything on a plate.

at 19 ive been working for about 3years full time (tree surgery then laterly forestry) but before that i always did odd jobs starting off doin grass cutting for 3quid for the next door neighbour. thanks to this i now have a reasonable customer base that i do work for self employed on top of my regular job.

not looking for praise but it is do-able there are those younger ones out there that work all the hours god sends. although i admit that they are few and far between.

sorry for the rant but i think it is the modern schooling and molecodeling that is to blame for so many spinless youths not the youngsters them selves.

So all you guys who have had to work every hour you can, thinks the world is harsh and full of hard knocks are giving out advice to encourage his son to go down the same road as yourself:001_rolleyes:

So the solution to wanting to do less for more, is to do more and like it or lump it:confused1:

No Steve I have sorted my business so that i do alot less hours than i used to, i am not one of the life is hard brigade, but what i am saying is if the boy, wants/needs more money he as got to work for it and Andy gave the boy that chance. If i want shiney new gear i have to work for it and i guess you do too.

So in your logic you should work satuarday but not sunday:confused1:

What if he wants more money to spend on stuff ? don't tell me, work Sunday aswell:001_rolleyes:

got it in one:biggrin: its wrong to moan about being poor then not accept work when its offerd. If he is saving for something then he should be working all the time to get to what ever goal or even if his 'poor' wage isnt livable you should do something about it.

Im applying for a evening cleaning/bar work at the momment as im not finding my wage ( the same as andys sons wage) livable. I also do saturdays and sundays if the work is there.

I would bite your hand off at that mate, i'm 19 as well, work wednesday to saturday at a shop to earn some extra cash to pay for petrol and towards my training courses. Sunday is housework and car cleaning day, monday and tuesday i do tree work for a family member (no charge) i enjoy the work and in return i get some of my smaller purchases paid for ie gloves, chains, 2-stroke. Would like to think of myself as hard working anyway.

Jay

So basically if you are not happy in your low paid job, get another couple of low paid jobs to pay your bills.:001_rolleyes:

Is that solving the problem or just magnifying it:confused1:

realisticaly that may be all he can do without throwing away his apprenticeship!

what else should he do?

im a great believer in having some time off but in this economic climate living costs outway the luxury of time off wouldnt you say?

I left school at 16 and went straight into higher education. I did a two year course to get my National Diploma in Countryside Management. Since then i've worked with my work expierience placement and made my way up through the ranks. I started as a standard volunteer and stayed that way for almost a year, then became Volunteer Ranger and stayed that way for nearly 18 months. Now i am a field worker (one step below assistant ranger). Basically i have started from the bottom and made my way up. My boss has paid for my PPE and additional training since i left college. Since leaving college my CV/Portfolio has almost doubled in size. Field worker pay isnt brilliant but it keeps me going. Going to be on a pay freeze for 3 years due to cuts.