big fat gypsy weddings

Martyn Amos

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking more Iggy Pop:001_smile:

Haha that's what I said to my mrs when we seen her!:biggrin:

Ridiculous they way they were letting their wee girls dance around like that too:001_rolleyes: I couldn't have any respect for people that condone that.

I did not catch the first episode and only got to watch bits of last nights.

What a bizarre carryon! It is often said that Essex is the home of bad taste but those dresses were laughable! The young girls dressing and dancing in that manner was beyond the pale!

To be honest, the programme does nothing but disturb - it is not a good way of showing the travelling fraternity in a good light or promote good relations with more main stream a society!

Bizarre but fascinating that people carry on in that manner.

Shows how completely different cultures can be.

What could be described as sickening and immoral in one culture is actively encouraged in another.

I think questions should be asked on who actually makes that type of clothing for 6 year old.:thumbdown:

The christening out fits are comical to say the least but dressing kids up to look and act like protestutites is going way to far.

I imagine that's no how they see it judging by the high morals they install, hence the first line of my post.:001_smile:

Still don't understand though why they think they should just be given some land to live on.:confused1:

Still don't understand though why they think they should just be given some land to live on.:confused1:

What do you mean GIVEN land to live on? they BUY the land then try and obtain planning permission,its not illegal to live in a caravan in this country, unless like a thread there was on here a while back with some members hid up in woods and land etc with no planning consent.

Edited by Lee Winger

'It's so unfair. We have nowhere to go'.

Why should people be forced to live in an alien environment and in a lifestyle they don't want, travellers don't want free land they have means and money, and can quite comfortably buy there own, what they do want is a fair crack at planning permission.

The ignorance and prejudice shown in this thread is unbelievable.............:thumbdown:

Why should people be forced to live in an alien environment and in a lifestyle they don't want, travellers don't want free land they have means and money, and can quite comfortably buy there own, what they do want is a fair crack at planning permission.

The ignorance and prejudice shown in this thread is unbelievable.............:thumbdown:

I agree with you Lee. I know plenty of builders who rip down listed buildings, build new buildings and apply for permission in retrospect. They get away with it all the time. Travellers do it and it's front page of the mail. A lot of travellers pass through here on there way to Appleby, all the lads vie met seem great.

Strangely enough I find the descrimination very reasonable and understandable.

I am not aware of having any dealings with travellers here in N Ireland, but have met Gypsies in both N I and England. Proper toe rags the lot of them, these may be the same types referred to as Pikies.

They steal, they deal in scrap ( how it was acquired???hmmm), the sell spurious goods, they lay tarmac, they extort monies from the frail & elderly, the list is endless.

They leave their temporary "sites" in a ****-heap.

I noticed a fair bit of litter in Appelby btw, in the TV presentation.

A mate that joined the Polis suggested to the hairy arsed sergent that they pull a wee 7.5 tonner wagon with Donegal plates (as it was hanging together) the more experienced man said; " see the weans in the cab... what are you going to do with them, and serving papers wont work, so just let him go" etc etc.

Now a non Gypsie in the cab...your done mate

Re the planning issue, I do not know of any non travellers succeeding in building houses without planning, nor indeed settlements of houses.

Ps

Descrimination is a good thing, like why one buys fine wine, a BWM, a Stihl saw, Timberwolf chipper etc etc, rather than rubbish copies.

I like being a man of "great descrimination"

cheers

M

PS

One might consider asking a well informed Garda man about a couple of the Donegal "traveller" families, and their reputations.

I will refrain from naming them.

Edited by difflock