Scratching each others backs ?

Pat Ferrett

I once cut short a days pheasant shooting to help a mate whos chipper had broken down in the middle of a job, and get on really well with local tree companies, when someone drove into the back of my chipper the other day another mate borrowed me his straight away, and hes borrowing mine this week, i think we should all help each other where possible.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think in most trades the small companies / 1,2 or 3 men teams usually have a few local 'allies' it sure makes life easier when u need an extra pair of hands on a local job, we often trade a day's labour at cost!! obviously you cant get on with everyone like this!!!

has anyone else turned up to give a quote whilst another firm is already/still on site doing the same??

Got a mix of both here. I contract climb for a couple of the local guys here. Some of the older fellas give me their climbing work and in return I pass my stump grinding on to them. There's also another local guy who can be a bit of an ignorant so and so but the guys who work for him always wave out. I also keep in touch with the manager who took over from me at the last place I worked. He has access to a 60 foot EPV so it's always good to keep on the right side of him. I forward the bigger work that I can't do on to him along with some of the land clearing work but it's all about giving the customer the best job at the best price.