Lets see your Guns.

Sam Thompson

13 minutes ago, Mull said:

Some ball on that bolt! Floor tiles pretty tidy too. Not to mention the cable on top of the skirting, the old days.

Utilities hidden behind walls, skirting etc is moronic. How aesthetically shallow do you need to be to have them hidden, only to be unhidden to fix problems and then rehidden. Have the pipe on the wall so you can touch it to see if it's hot and so you can look at it to see if it's dripping.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Johnsond said:

What stock is that ?? Ali bedding block or glass bedded ??. 
Pretty sure there is a good few DM kits out there nowadays without the need for the machining that was done on mine. You use Weldon Gun Room Matty??, spent way too much coin in there when I lived in Eglingham. 

It’s just the standard sps hogue stock, so I’m not sure I don’t know enough about them… I will at some point maybe upgrade the whole thing as my misses won’t let me buy any more guns 😆

I see there are plenty of DM kits for the 700’s so will probs go down that route , just like the idea of a 5 round mag and going out with a closed bolt instead.

putting a few rounds in and having to take them out every time I go out seems to be damaging the tips of ammo which I’m convinced is harming accuracy. 

It’s the only one locally I have not been too but I will go one day,  I usually use Bradford stalker or bywell for guns and ammo.  

On 14/01/2023 at 10:21, AHPP said:

Pretty sure it’s a Bell and Carlson. Hogue are usually rubber and shit. 

Probably right , hogue are usually stamped underneath the grip, it could be anything as I brought it secondhand and the only mod I was made aware of was the sound moderator so thought it was standard … I don’t know much about it’s history but it was the only second hand 243 700 near me when I was looking so jumped right on it… I will tear it down and rebuild it to something I want if I ever get time but it does every thing I need  and has a tight group unlike my cz that seems to be the most inconsistent gun I’ve fired and the things supposed to be like a lazer in 17hmr. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Probably right , hogue are usually stamped underneath the grip, it could be anything as I brought it secondhand and the only mod I was made aware of was the sound moderator so thought it was standard … I don’t know much about it’s history but it was the only second hand 243 700 near me when I was looking so jumped right on it… I will tear it down and rebuild it to something I want if I ever get time but it does every thing I need  and has a tight group unlike my cz that seems to be the most inconsistent gun I’ve fired and the things supposed to be like a lazer in 17hmr. 

Matty, do you allowance for a .22?

I have a nice Anschutz .22 rim fire.  Great gun and very accurate.  It’s at the RFD in Billingham.  He is shipping the rest to me in Norway but I didn’t apply for that one as it is a Righthanded thumb stock and I’m a leftie.03A4948B-9EF3-439F-A3CA-1D2D10411B9E.thumb.jpeg.876afc85b49e5d376fb5effe4aad96d3.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

Matty, do you allowance for a .22?

I have a nice Anschutz .22 rim fire.  Great gun and very accurate.  It’s at the RFD in Billingham.  He is shipping the rest to me in Norway but I didn’t apply for that one as it is a Righthanded thumb stock and I’m a leftie.03A4948B-9EF3-439F-A3CA-1D2D10411B9E.thumb.jpeg.876afc85b49e5d376fb5effe4aad96d3.jpeg

Unfortunately I don’t mate as it looks really nice .. I think if I brought another gun though before I’ve finished the house the misses will finish me too. 

28 minutes ago, MattyF said:

HMR is pointless. Replace it with a .22 Hornet. There are always loads of (excellent) CZ Hornets about. 

The HMR is a bit more preferred before you step up to centre fire, it's the crap argument of it's low ricochet.

Yes it's a expensive one trick pony but come renewal they're more forgiving on your 2 or 3 for centre fire and full open ticket as you've earned a bit more experience and trust.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1