Why Oh Why Oh Why ????!!!

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We get a couple of hardfrosts in the uk and it all turns to a big pile of poop! panick buying, idiots forgetting how to drive....People demanding heads on sticks for the weather - The weather is like the tax man - you can do anything about it and every now and then it can be a real pain in the arse but you just got to get on with it.

I feel sorry for the folks who are stuck at the airports having been there myself - volcano anyone? (although i was trapped on a tropical island for an extra week and i tell you not a day went by that i didnt curse the planet or the airlines for not wanting to risk my life and the lives of others - i like to think of it like that rather than 'to risk my law suit and the law suits of others - by flying a plane in dangerous conditions -) get some duty free get merry!! Though i have noticed - we have had harsh wether in Sweden for a while and last years was rather harsh.... the only trouble at the airport was the lack of sadwiches and the over priced bar. I think the Transport industry should look to its scandanavian cousins to get an idea of how to be prepared.

I love this Weather!

There are so many positive aspects to it.If you can't/don't want to work in it then fair enough.Snow is expected here and you just have to prepare and drive accordingly.I tow a 2ton Trailer around the Hills Daily and in 4X4 with a pair of Chains in the back just in case its really no problem,just take it abit slower and use your Brain.I have yet to fail to reach a job,even it it means towing the Trailer loaded with gear in with the Tracked Chipper.

There is always a way.

I love this Weather!

There are so many positive aspects to it.If you can't/don't want to work in it then fair enough.Snow is expected here and you just have to prepare and drive accordingly.I tow a 2ton Trailer around the Hills Daily and in 4X4 with a pair of Chains in the back just in case its really no problem,just take it abit slower and use your Brain.I have yet to fail to reach a job,even it it means towing the Trailer loaded with gear in with the Tracked Chipper.

There is always a way.

Couldn`t agree more, what`s the problem.Got my BF m/ts fitted Fri just as the first of the snow hit the Chilterns spent Sat AM delivering logs with the 3t ivor williams & Sat PM pulling numpties up the local hill trying to keep the road open.Sun had to down grade to the 1t trailer as the council hasn`t got round to gritting our lane if last years performance is anything to go by should get done about April :001_rolleyes:But the snow & cold is great for buisness have sold nearly 200m3 already which is nearly as much as I did the whole of last winter :thumbup:still have another 100m3 in the barn keeping warm & dry happy days, merry christmas every one :thumbup:

You came across a hornets nest with the first post. I think you may of just given a poke with this one.buzzzzzz bit OTT for me

Would you expect you granny or kids to walk home in -5 plus, because I would want mine to walk anywhere in this weather let along anyone elses:thumbdown:

Sound like you've got some issue dude sort it out.

Good. I would totally expect my kids or granny to walk home any distance in any temperature. My grandfather at 90+ would push young idiots cars out of the snow then tell em off with a twinkle in his eye for being daftys! No issue, just fed up with the rights / blame culture with has absolved all manner of personal responsibility. You have a flight booked and the weathers bad? Be prepared for a dissapointment by adding in the possible challenges to the completion of your objective and be prepared to withdraw.

Good. I would totally expect my kids or granny to walk home any distance in any temperature. My grandfather at 90+ would push young idiots cars out of the snow then tell em off with a twinkle in his eye for being daftys! No issue, just fed up with the rights / blame culture with has absolved all manner of personal responsibility. You have a flight booked and the weathers bad? Be prepared for a dissapointment by adding in the possible challenges to the completion of your objective and be prepared to withdraw.

Fair play to grandad:thumbup:

It is always easy for people to blame some one else even if its thier fault. Its not every one, but most people do. Its human nature

Yes people are idiots for trying to get to the air ports etc in the snow all they had to do was put the telly on and see long delays/cancelled flights,they are stupid for even leaving the house.(Rant at these)

The ones stuck in airports by no fault of their own I do feel for them.(no rant please) Although If it was me I would be the first one out the door trying to find a hotel to stay in before every one else had the same idea.

We're all a bunch of spoiled people in varrying ways in Britain and alot of people need a big wake up call.

But the one thing for sure...... its only going to get worse.:thumbdown: so we've just got to get used to it I suppose.

These people including elderly and kids stuck at airports have never had it so easy! F me, they should try an amble in helmand for a few days, whinging barstewards. Don't care if they can't afford a better flight package with better compensation, they live in a flippin comfortable country with many many privelages and a few nights on a dirty hard floor might won't do em any harm; did all the evacuees in the war moan about kipping in the underground? No they were all up for it and contented. Anyone who can afford a car or a flight should be jolly grateful they're in the top 1% of the worlds richest people. If you don't like the departure lounge then start walking.

:thumbup:

Trouble is it's been a long time since real hardship in this country and we now whinge at the slightest hiccup.

Note how the news and media doesn't report on those who are really in the crap without roofs over their heads.

That's a bit of a mean comment isn't it?

Quite a lot of people take cheapo flights because that's all they can affiord, not because they are tight.

awe diddums, did i hurty someones feelings, well lets give everyone a cuddle then and that will solve all the problems:sneaky2:

All you can afford is very gracious when we are talking about trying to survive, like food and shelter, not chrimbo holidays abroad:thumbdown::001_rolleyes:

If i plan to go to the beech at the weekend, and i get up in the morning and it is raining, i do not go to the beech and then moan all the next week about it. I say, stuff that, i am going bowling or the cinema. Or vice versa. If you have the ability to work for yourself and adapt to situations thrown at you then things like bad weather at chrimbo is no biggy, you dont put all your eggs in the 1 basket as they say. I could loose days all the time through the year for various reasons, kit breaking down, staff not turning out or falling ill, cars left in driveways. I dont jump about stamping my feet, i change my plan and go and try and earn pennies elsewhere.:001_smile:

Even today my day changed due to my wife not feeling well, 1 text and a phone call, job done i am watching telly all day.

Bad things happen to good folk all the time BUT so much can be avoided if people would put the their dummies back in and take advice from those who know, SIMPLES!!:biggrin: