sharpening chains

David Riding

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one firm i worked for made me sign a contract saying the same thing, the harsh thing was they ran out of work so made me and the other guys redundant and i still had to pay the cash

Should have said they made you sign the contracts under duress, as you feared for your job

Why would you be interested?????????????

It was a question asked by someone else - just wondering why you hadn't responded, thats all. I was under the impression that a person needed to be on site who is capable of performing an aerial rescue for insurance purposes. I know all climbers would like to think that they would be able to self rescue if the need arose... but in recent light of the events regarding accidents best be safe than sorry.

BTW I understand a single question mark after a question so there is no need to add an addition 12 ;)

Cheers.

It was a question asked by someone else - just wondering why you hadn't responded, thats all. I was under the impression that a person needed to be on site who is capable of performing an aerial rescue for insurance purposes. I know all climbers would like to think that they would be able to self rescue if the need arose... but in recent light of the events regarding accidents best be safe than sorry.

BTW I understand a single question mark after a question so there is no need to add an addition 12 ;)

Cheers.

i counted 13 there may be something in that

I was under the impression that a person needed to be on site who is capable of performing an aerial rescue for insurance purposes.

If you have an employee climbing then yes, but as it's my firm and I climb there is no requirement, and even the HSE have no problem with it as I have asked them.

Have to agree Dean, I think many companies just tick the boxes in the right places, then just do what they have to do. As money gets harder and harder to earn with this current economy, I think we'll see more and more people having to cut corners to earn a crust. Of course, this is only my opinion, and obviously I have never ever seen this happen......ever.

Not sure if I will make my self look slightly stupid but here goes.... Chains are that cheap for a 15" husky that I have become a bit lazy recently and instead of resharpening every time have just stuck a new chain on. I have loads of chains per saw now and need to do a bulk sharpening. Is there a quick set up you can have where you dont have to put chain on the saw to sharpen. I know its not exaclty time consuming to put each one back on the saw but I like saving time.

lazy git!!!!!

:001_tongue:

get the lads to do it, but someone you trust!!!! nowt worse than getting a blunt chain after a sharpen!!

Mighty fine if you have a flood of qualified climbers willing to work for £50 -60 a day on small domestic jobs.

There aren't many on here that have that luxury

I wonder how many never climb without qualified rescue climbers :sneaky2:

i work for one company that sends lads out with over weight trailors and lets them climb with out a guy with ariel resuce and the lads them selves saw nothing wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i soon voiced my opinions, of course i didnt tow and i made sure there was a man with ariel rescue, its a bit sad really cuz i basically run the gang when i sub there and it shouldnt be like that!!! god knows what happens when im not there!!!

gang leaders should have at least basic legislation knowlegde