sharpening chains

David Riding

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you only ever concerntraye on what you can do, you will never step out of comfort zone to learn new things or challenge long held beliefs...sorry but this is nonsense!!

In your world where would we get ,cleaners, washer ups, bin men, window cleaners,etc, we cannot all be high flyer's:confused1:

IMO, often the more menially tasks are the more important.

So then you have missed the point as all are of equal value...to themselves and most importantly as a group....As capitalists we seem to value rarity...gold, diamonds, common sense and a willingness to work hard.....I am not criticising...maybe I am...its my nature!!

Your name must be an acronym...

Doesn't Really Time Save Filing Chains?

Why not weigh all the blunt chains in for scrap and buy some more sharp ones!

Save wasting money on files too!

This thread has got to be a joke' date=' surely?[/quote']

Obviously should have stayed in and not gone out so I could defend my self! The times I have swaped chains have been bad rainy days, all staff piss wet through on country esates when logs have been covered in mud and had to be cut up in terrible conditions and took off site. If I was in Mrs Jones' garden with pretty flowers on a nice firm lawn in 30 degree heat and my groundy blunted my saw then clearly I would have sharpened them while sunbathing topless. I asked for advice on a quick way to sharpen chains not why or when I need sharpen.

I have to back you up here Skyhuck.

My last groundy was not allowed to touch a saw, if he needed to cut something he used a silky. I know your groundy is a good un. But mine was a liability and I know (and this is from someone else who has been sued) that if anything had of happened this groundy would have been first in the queue at the "no win no fee" counter.

Once you have had your trust dented, it is hard to trust again.

I am one of these that would never shite on anyone but have been shite on myself, because I am too trusting and too forgiving.

I have started to see what is happening and started to "cover my @rse" so to speak.

It is a shame when people who are giving, can't give, for fear of being taken for a ride.

You do what your gut tells you Dave.

I am one of these that would never shite on anyone but have been shite on myself, because I am too trusting and too forgiving.

sometimes i think that the better you treat your staff, the more they take the piss. sorry, but experiance has made me a little cynical