French Concept instructunal videos...

Xerxses

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsa5yjt_k7U&feature=related]YouTube - Le Pin à deux têtes Le Fût (partie 2)[/ame]

The second film shows what they call rollotube, something I have used for about two years when dismantling big chunks. Mine is homemade and costed me a few quid. Great aid though!

What did you make yours from?

What did you make yours from?

I'll try to rember to take some pics today.

I have two, a short and a long one. The metalrod used to be a part of a curtainsetup....:sneaky2::thumbup1:

It was a sliding thing and the rod was attached to the top of the curtains to make it easier to slide them sideways, if you get my explanation?:confused1:

I had a picture in my head of this aid and just stumbled upon this rod in my mums house:blushing: it just happened to be 1.3 mm!

The idea came to me when I watched a film about the pyramids and old Egypt and the way they were rolling bigblocks of stone on timber.

I really thought I had put pictures up here before?!? Byt I just searched and cant find a post... so I must have forgotten to do so.

All style, no substance.

Footlocking on a removal/pole like that, wtffor?

The rigging - aweful

Sloping cuts just to chunk down that spar at the end just about capped it off.

Sorry to be negative, I'm sure they are good guys really, but that was the most pretentious lot of BS Ive seen in in ages....cant stand to see treework being potrayed in such a way.

I liked it.

For all we know they could be a bunch of Loggers who taught themselves how to do this.They may not be any further aware of this industry than the "Sherrill" Cataloge.

I do sloping Cuts on the Big Stuff if I can,helps to have a Bar long enough to reach all the way through and these guys had one.

I don't think this Video is pretentious,its just a few unpolished Climbers getting it done in their own way.Thats pretty much how I Roll too.

i love the slanty cut but when the weight of the chunk gets too much to burn your way through it keep the chunks to a minimum, with the rolly tube thing it means it will keep the gap open and let me do bigger bits.:thumbup1:

I wouldnt like my saws getting swung them thumped onto the top of the pole thats for sure lol.

I work of similar methods, tie it on, cut it off and get out the way.:laugh1:

I dont like the sloping cuts! The climber should think of the bigger picture, they are easier to split if the cuts are straight (perpendicular).

Unless there is a safety reason, like sometimes horizontal cuts on sloping stem will produce the same shaped timber but are often required to stop the bit slidign off prematurely.