Groundsaw and 2 hedgetrimmers stolen at work today...

Dionysus

well heres how the story unfolded, my team had finished and we were sitting about, then my manager gets a call from the other team, they've been robbed oh dear.

so anyway they were doing a through the house, and were back and forth every 3-5 minutes or something, they seen a guy down the road next to a landscapers van on the phone eyeing the truck up so they locked the boxes with the tools in, and went back to work, about 15 minutes later, they come out and the boxes are open and everything nicked apart from climbing kits and an 020, then a resident comes over and says did you just see that blah blah i seen a guy nicking your tools then running off, would have been nice if they could have said something a bit sooner eh. this happened in clapham, at 2pm in broad daylight, the barsteward should get sent down, but they will never catch him, they didnt get a numberplate, and my boss hasnt got the saws serial numbers.

just goes to show be careful in the bigsmoke! can happen even if your security concious and lock your boxes up. dont settle for cheap padlock!

Bad news mate and i feel for your gaffer.

We NEVER leave any tools in the van locked or not when were workin, the first job we do is transport all the tools to the work place, even if were not using some till the afternoon, a pain yes but there are eyes everywhere.

well heres how the story unfolded, my team had finished and we were sitting about, then my manager gets a call from the other team, they've been robbed oh dear.

so anyway they were doing a through the house, and were back and forth every 3-5 minutes or something, they seen a guy down the road next to a landscapers van on the phone eyeing the truck up so they locked the boxes with the tools in, and went back to work, about 15 minutes later, they come out and the boxes are open and everything nicked apart from climbing kits and an 020, then a resident comes over and says did you just see that blah blah i seen a guy nicking your tools then running off, would have been nice if they could have said something a bit sooner eh. this happened in clapham, at 2pm in broad daylight, the barsteward should get sent down, but they will never catch him, they didnt get a numberplate, and my boss hasnt got the saws serial numbers.

just goes to show be careful in the bigsmoke! can happen even if your security concious and lock your boxes up. dont settle for cheap padlock!

If it's any consolation there's a yard nearish me with 10' spiked palisade fencing round it and the gits still screwed a locked shipping container inside it the other day in broad daylight - and all for a saw and a strimmer I believe.

You did your best... Happy bloody Christmas!

It's not happened much on site but our store was broken in twice

Gits used portable burning pack

No padlock that I know of can resist that

It was a real low for me as happened at the time I was just getting a decent bit of kit- no insurance either.

You pick yourself up and go forward get insurance and wait till it happens again then its a killing on the claim:thumbup1:

Bad news mate and i feel for your gaffer.

We NEVER leave any tools in the van locked or not when were workin, the first job we do is transport all the tools to the work place, even if were not using some till the afternoon, a pain yes but there are eyes everywhere.

That is what I do. If the van is not in sight or near the work, I take all the shiny machinery out. The only tools left in the van are some shovels, an axe, some spare fuel and oil and some rope. I don't take the risk. I even put a lock on the trailer attachment.

P