get the price right?

Czlowiek Drzewo

Pricing will always be a tough one - too low and you arw working for nothing - too high and you are ripping people off.

How does a established business work out quotes and how much they need to make per day?

how do you work out your prices and what do you take into consideration.?

I used to just charge for fuel, wages and profit..but i was just starting out and could work for cheap.

I have started dividing my insurances for , tools, vehicles, tree work into months and adding this to jobs, i have worked out my total road tax per year and adding this to jobs, i have started charging for use of chipper and truck and working out my average servcing charges for vehicles, tools and chipper and adding this to jobs.

after working out these calculations my expensies are high so my profit needs to be decent enough to cover the outgoings.

any advice on this?

Just sick of people thinking that tree surgeons onlky expense is a rope and chainsaw.:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pricing will always be a tough one - too low and you arw working for nothing - too high and you are ripping people off.

How does a established business work out quotes and how much they need to make per day?

how do you work out your prices and what do you take into consideration.?

I used to just charge for fuel, wages and profit..but i was just starting out and could work for cheap.

I have started dividing my insurances for , tools, vehicles, tree work into months and adding this to jobs, i have worked out my total road tax per year and adding this to jobs, i have started charging for use of chipper and truck and working out my average servcing charges for vehicles, tools and chipper and adding this to jobs.

after working out these calculations my expensies are high so my profit needs to be decent enough to cover the outgoings.

any advice on this?

Just sick of people thinking that tree surgeons onlky expense is a rope and chainsaw.:001_rolleyes:

you're now doing the right things

if you employ guys PAYE don't forget there are only 230 working days in a year so divide your annual expenses by 230 for costs per day

I have all my fixed charges worked out into a daily rate. truck, kit everything, i even add an amount to cover breakages etc. then add whatever is needed for that particular job.

Ive always found pricing to be the hardest part, never got used to asking people for money!! You will be surprised how much you need to make to cover everything.

I had a rather long debate last week over a quote for a friend of a friend, he couldnt understand why my price was so high. ( £250 for 2 guys for a good days work ) massively discounted cos i liked the guy. When i explained he looked at me blankly and said he would do it himself!!

I have all my fixed charges worked out into a daily rate. truck, kit everything, i even add an amount to cover breakages etc. then add whatever is needed for that particular job.

Ive always found pricing to be the hardest part, never got used to asking people for money!! You will be surprised how much you need to make to cover everything.

I had a rather long debate last week over a quote for a friend of a friend, he couldnt understand why my price was so high. ( £250 for 2 guys for a good days work ) massively discounted cos i liked the guy. When i explained he looked at me blankly and said he would do it himself!!

250.00 for two guy's for a day is ok, thats similar to what i would charge job and equiptment dependant