Would you do this?

Treewarrior

Quoted a job today. 70ft Blue Cedar takedown. Guy told me he had no-one else in to quote and would be happy to give me the job if the price was right.

Was told by the client he was happy with quote £425. Shook hand on it and I said we would do our best to do the Job this Saturday.

On leaving, saw one of my competitors over the road.

30 mins later, my phone rings, client says in a funny sort of voice, ah yes I totally forgot to tell you, I had arranged for another quote last week.

He eventually told me this Guy had knocked on the door after I had left and undercut me by £225.00:thumbdown:

Would you stoop so low?

Edited by Treewarrior
spelling

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I would not.

But it sounds like your price may have been more than a little steep.

Full Rig down with a 60ft Japanese Maple in good condition 10ft away. Long drag for chipping and tight access. Overhanging two neighbours gardens.

3 man job 1 day. Pricey? I do not think so!

Without seeing the tree, I cant say, but I was undercut on a £150 job today!!!! Not worried as i am snowed under with work, but I would have normally put a couple of hundred on this one, but was for an OAP friend of a friend.

Some people must have little or no overheads!!

Full Rig down with a 60ft Japanese Maple in good condition 10ft away. Long drag for chipping and tight access. Overhanging two neighbours gardens.

3 man job 1 day. Pricey? I do not think so!

How's he doing it for £200

Obviously no i nsurance

cash job

nicked tools

no need to advertise

just follow you around

Without seeing the tree, I cant say, but I was undercut on a £150 job today!!!! Not worried as i am snowed under with work, but I would have normally put a couple of hundred on this one, but was for an OAP friend of a friend.

Some people must have little or no overheads!!

Client actually told me he thought £450 was a fair price! I gave him a discount!

He was talked into the cheaper way I think. However we will see the state of the job over the next few days