log theft result

Busy Daddy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no odds to you tom, but makes a diffrence to me, i remember walking through woodlands with my father collecting pinecones to burn, taking home dead branches. if a tree fell across one of the byways or footpaths around us, or the only lane going to our house, we would clear the path and take the wood, not sit at home winging to the landowner to sort it

It shouldnt make any odds Josh. At the end of the day they were nicking logs, running around in a totally illegal motor, and basically just behaving like scum. They deserved what was coming for them, and TBH probably knew exactly what risks they were running. :001_rolleyes:

Lee- jealousy will get you nowhere mi amigo.:biggrin:

I'll agree with you and the illegal motor bit, as for jealous not me, mate a millionaire once said to me, when you don't have money you worry, but when you do have money you worry even more! the landed gentry are a load of miserly paranoid sado's as a rule....:001_smile:

Three men desperate enough to take firewood, that's a big thumbs down in my book! wait until these austerity measures really kick in, stealing a few logs will be nothing, I have no sympathy for large estate owners whatsoever ............:001_smile:

Some people are just desperate to steal anything they think they can get away with unfortunately.

I doubt they were cold and hungry Oliver Twist style street urchins.:001_tongue:

Could be wrong though and thats why they couldnt afford to insure/tax/mot their motor.:crying:

Which to me is more of a crime then nicking wood.

theft is theft !!!! if its not thers & dont have the owners consent to remove it ,its theft :thumbdown:,is ther a law called theft by finding or simlar?? :001_smile:

In this instance I'd call it taking back what's was rightfully ours, I'm not saying the OP's employer is in the league of this lot but as a mate once said , no wonder the majority of us live in rabbit hutches A third of Britain STILL belongs to the aristocracy | Mail Online saying that we don't want to live anarchic society do we......:confused1::biggrin:

Edited by Lee Winger

Some people are just desperate to steal anything they think they can get away with unfortunately.

I doubt they were cold and hungry Oliver Twist style street urchins.:001_tongue:

Could be wrong though and thats why they couldnt afford to insure/tax/mot their motor.:crying:

Which to me is more of a crime then nicking wood.

Whats that old proverb about walking in another mans shoes, I hope I never find myself in a position that I need to liberate firewood

I think thats a real shame......it ought to be alot more. Many of my good friends have had to sell loads of land to pay death duties, and now are forced to scratch a living on much smaller holdings, some as small as 10,000 hectares, and I have 3 friends who have had to sell one of their estates altogether, in one case only leaving them with one estate in the highlands, and a small townhouse in Bath. I think its bang out of order that the great unwashed should be allowed to force this state of affairs in the name of liberalism.:thumbdown:

In this instance I'd call it taking back what's was rightfully ours, I'm not saying the OP's employer is in the league of this lot but as a mate once said , no wonder the majority of us live in rabbit hutches A third of Britain STILL belongs to the aristocracy | Mail Online saying that we don't want to live anarchic society do we......:confused1::biggrin:

So where would you draw the line Lee??

If your house is bigger than mine am I free to steal from you??

Whats that old proverb about walking in another mans shoes, I hope I never find myself in a position that I need to liberate firewood

Me either, well I wouldnt like anyone to be in that position tbh.

Its just my guess that they probably didnt need it just thought they could take it.

Anyway there are tax credits to help these people out.:laugh1::001_tongue: