Tipper-Chipper combo.

Bolt

Yeah, thats the ticket ('though I can't help but think that might exceed some of the lads CAT B driving licences :blushing:)

thers 1200kg in the truck & 1100kg in the trailer :blushing:

:thumbup:

As stated, a trip to the weighbridge, me thinks.

The confounding issue here seems to be how heavy the tipper body that has been mounted on the chassis is.

It seems strange that GVW, GTW and axle weights are stated on the transit doorframe, and the tipper body has warning labels about unpropped bodies, and the strength of tie-down points, but nowhere does it say what the maximum load that can be stuck in the tipper body is.

Strange how often the most useful bit of info is the one thas missing.......

What you need is the “TARE” weight, chuck out everything not bolted to the vehicle and fill the tank. Put it on the weighbridge and you have your tare weight.:thumbup:

After a trip to the weightbridge.......

The scores are on the doors!

Crewcab Transit tipper TW190 (no tools or people on board).

4040kg :blushing: (1/2 ton overweight).

Fully loaded with kit and crew, pushing a ton overweight! :001_cool:

O well, better stop doing that then............ have got away with it since April though! :sad:

im working for a company and weve been carrying a tracked greenmech on the back of a transit crewcab tipper, i knew it was overweight but didnt know how much till i rang the hire company the van is from. capacity allowed in the back was 1141kg if i remember correctly, the chipper weighs 1880 plus about 60kg for a set of ramps. still goes well though!!

I can remember 10 years ago when a nationwide company had an outpost in Crosshands and had a load of GreenMechs on hire. ncluding a tracked machine which weighed 2.4t which they towed on a trailer (another 750kgs) behind and Transit for a year before they realised why they were getting through clutches rather quickly!