Greenmech 13-23 or Timberwolf 125

Tree Man Tom

• 1 year later...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not meaning to derail the thread a bit, but I have just read through the thread and i am in exactly the same position. I currently run an old single roller TW125 and for what it cost me a year or 2 ago it has been a great machine.

However, I was tempted by the 13-23 diesel option.

Paying £1.30 per litre on unleaded or 75p per litre on red derve seems to swing it for me if both machines are probably very similar.

Anyone got any thoughts on the fuel cost factor?

Adam

I cant bring my self to get rid of my TW125. Had it for 6 years and it has had some money spent on it but it will go any where and use it a lot. :thumbup:

When it was my only chipper I didnt like wasting 20 mins to half an hour every other day getting petrol when I have red onsite.:thumbdown:

They are both good machines - and it's natural for owners to praise the one they have - we all think we know best.

I converted from a TW 25hp 6" chipper to a GM 13-23 (34hp turbo) in April this year.

It's a BEAST! It will pull through pretty big stuff and snap off larger side branches than the old TW.

I can also say it has NEVER blocked - it even does cordylines with a bit of care.

The TWs are good (I had mine for 6 years and loved it) but the GMs are better.

I hope for TW's sake they sort out those flimsy flywheel bearings or they will get left behind.

Final point - at under 750 KG I suspect the Quad chip will become very popular.

it already has and i have just bought one to go along side my GM MT220.

It has to be the TW, just collected my new 125 2 weeks ago and I love it terrific chipper TW have sorted out the old problem of it blocking on wet conifer, I have used GM in the past and was quite disappointed. Im chipping into the back of my ranger and all seems to be working well.

Have a Ranger myself, any pics of it?

What chip cage you put on it?

Converting mine ATM.

Quad chip blades are reasonably easy to change if you have any mechanical sense at all. It must be noted that, since we had a load of people asking about them using our disc blades instead of the square blades, quite a few machines are able to take either! As we have proved, round blades are less susceptible to damage and are cheaper too. The downside would appear that the chips are less regular, but who cares too much about that when the main job of a chipper is to reduce volume in a truck!