firewood prices !

33bk

i know theres been topices about this before ! sorry

i sell mixed buliders dumpy bags ( ash, oak, sycamore,cherry) for £70

somebody has phone me up the other week and asked lots of questions about my logs this person is now advertiseing builders dumpy bags for £35 and since the adverts gone in the phone hasnt rang ........

i am still looking on website localy and there between £50- £90 so i thought £70 is a fair price , is this to much ?

also any ideas how hes can get bags down to £35 a bag.

now i am just feeling all this work and is it really worth it ! seeing as i have just finished splitting 60 bags for next year !

or should i just get on with it and not to worry about him and be confident in my product i am selling

ta for all for readying my moan

bk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the other guys a tree surgeon & gets paid to remove any cordwood and if your buying in your wood , you will never beat his price. Even so £35 a bag seems very cheap , unless he employs a couple of poles to process his logs. Stick to your price or it wont be worth the time and effort, as long as your selling quality dry logs your regular customers will stay with you.

damn right stick with your price ,they will be back! what sort of wood is he selling doubt if its as good a sample as ash ,cherry,oak!! i had the same thing happen to me last year, everyone went mad for his he sold out way to quick and then he started selling green, sell quality get quality price. if he continues then just buy it off of him and flog it!

damn right stick with your price ,they will be back! what sort of wood is he selling doubt if its as good a sample as ash ,cherry,oak!! i had the same thing happen to me last year, everyone went mad for his he sold out way to quick and then he started selling green, sell quality get quality price. if he continues then just buy it off of him and flog it!

Theres an idea, buy up all he's got and double your money on it without the work :thumbup1: Now all I need to do is find someone round here selling it that cheap :thumbup:

it cracks me up when people advertise the price for "a load" but don't say what the load is

we don't advertise - as such - just a few flyers put up in the local village shops nearby - but the size of the load is always printed with the price

re your query 33bk - don't worry about what others are doing - just believe and trust in yourself and your product - and when the bandit has sold out of dry and seasoned and tries to offload green stuff - you'll be quids in

we never panic or worry about trying to sell logs - as far as we are concerned - the logs are seasoned and dry - and the piles can sit there for years if need be (although i doubt that will ever happen even though we have loads :001_smile:)

At a local builders merchant the other day and they were selling builders dumpy bags of seasoned oak off cuts (new oak railway sleepers)at........£175.........WTF!...and sold a shed load of them.

That's because they are nice clean uniform looking logs, use a band saw as a firewood processor, end product worth three times as much, you will learn, learn , learn :lol: