i'm gobsmacked...

ad15

I've just had one saying she may not go with me as I seem very busy :001_rolleyes:

I just said, I would be more worried if I wasn't busy, we are busy because we are good at what we do :biggrin:

Same here, i lost a job monday because i cant do it for 3 weeks, someone else can do it for a 100 quid less and can so it this Friday!!! crack on is what i say, its been dead fpr about 5 years is about 35ft but mangled in 7 phone lines. hope he has fun.:laugh1:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I lost quite a few regular customers last year because they decided to try other quotes and then asked me if we could match them.

I'm cheap enough as it is never mind the fact that I end up keeping the same price with regular customers for far too long with out putting it up.

Love it when they say I really want you to do the work and didn't really like the other guy but can you match his price:sneaky2:

I never let it stress me out, I just have a bit of a rant and moan then forget about it, until I drive past then have another rant:laugh1:

i can see where you guys are comming from and it gets me just as much especially when you see the finnished product and it loks a mess ! Sadly the un educated customer thinks its grand !! .

As for this case Ady i would have waited before saying anything , there are many variabes to take into account , has the guy got another small job in the same area that he can do on the same day to make up the money ? does he work a litle faster than you ? does he carry out his own TM (Trafic managment) does he feel that its only a small tree an its only half a days work ? does he feel the need to charge for a planning app in a cons area ? . Im really not having a dig at you what so ever but personaly i find that there sometimes is a valid reason as to why a quote is not accepted or even why the other guy is cheeper . if its someone you know then maybe when the job has been done why not have a look at it and if it is shocking then why not talk to the tree owners and maybe educate them a little ???

As for baising whether someone will pay a bill on time etc on the fact that they accepted a quote that was alot cheeper from someone elts is not really a good cause to be weeding out customers out at the moment .

IF.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son

i'm not upset about it,, i was literally gobsmacked that it could be done for that price,, i couldn't give a monkeys to be honest,, i posted as it was a good topic for discussion, i was suprised it could be done for that cost and still turn a profit,,, i reckon it could be done in half a day, but personally I'd take the extra care not to smash the fence/ shed/ decking underneath, as well as the cars that will be inevitably parked underneath ignoring the signs..

i'm sorry but even on my own with chipper £140 is not worth doing it for,,, by the time i take overheads into account , and believe me when i say mine are small in comparison to lots on here,,, it'd be a loss,,,

We are in a recession and people expect everyone to follow suit and reduce accordingly.most members of the public are ignorant of the level of expertise required to carry out safe tree work.some are willing to listen and value the knowledge you are willing to share and thankfull that you have come to their aid.usually within the first few exchanges you know what your dealing with.the type you dealt with will only understand or listen the hard way when they have to pick up the pieces.smile and walk away,you probably wont have had a cup of tea and you will have done something wrong.

As for baising whether someone will pay a bill on time etc on the fact that they accepted a quote that was alot cheeper from someone elts is not really a good cause to be weeding out customers out at the moment .

Yeah- its a great reason. Theres too many customers out there anyway at the mo.:lol::lol::lol:

i'm not upset about it,, i was literally gobsmacked that it could be done for that price,, i couldn't give a monkeys to be honest,, i posted as it was a good topic for discussion, i was suprised it could be done for that cost and still turn a profit,,, i reckon it could be done in half a day, but personally I'd take the extra care not to smash the fence/ shed/ decking underneath, as well as the cars that will be inevitably parked underneath ignoring the signs..

i'm sorry but even on my own with chipper £140 is not worth doing it for,,, by the time i take overheads into account , and believe me when i say mine are small in comparison to lots on here,,, it'd be a loss,,,

yeah, sorry mate. I didnt really mean "upset". You know?

It probably cant be done for profit, for £140 but if you think it could be done in half a day and have another DECENT priced couple of hours job and a log delivery in the evening you could do say £600 that day, surely that would be enough to pay the helper and fuel the saws / chipper???? Thats what I meant by making it possible to do it for £140.