Drivers arn't what they used to be

thelogstore

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not the same as you guys...

On another occasion someone else got stuck in the same ditch, i said i could pull him out but might rip his rear bumper off due to the angle of the rope and car. So i hooked it up and gave it a bootfull and procdeded to rip his bumper clean off

I did something similar to that!! I got told to go and help move a lorry stuck in a field, so hop in the biggest tractor availiable and shoot over in high ratio 6th gear. Hop out after putting it in nueteral, clip the chain on to the back hitch and the lorry, hop back in to the cab, stick it in gear and shoot off, (still in high ratio) closely followed by his towing point, now on the end of my chain.:blushing:

Lorry was about 2 weeks old. All I could think to say was "That wasn't made very well eh?":lol:

He wasn't impressed

:thumbdown::blushing:

First one is massy getting stuck in a hole it was hidden by the bracken. It was a very deep hole if it had gone in furth it would of come out without a crane. It was winched out of that. That one wasn't me.

The second was bracken rolling and hit a practice trench and slid about. tipping slightly. lost traction after no 4wd so it was a real pain to get out, didn't need a winch out though.

DSC00122.jpg.5cb33cf3c74c5f427efecd1888ff1287.jpg

DSC00137.jpg.966e204fb62fe1b5e290c0c75a1fb5d9.jpg

First one is massy getting stuck in a hole it was hidden by the bracken. It was a very deep hole if it had gone in furth it would of come out without a crane. It was winched out of that. That one wasn't me.

The second was bracken rolling and hit a practice trench and slid about. tipping slightly. lost traction after no 4wd so it was a real pain to get out, didn't need a winch out though.

Why do you roll bracken:confused1: I havent come across this practise, please enlighten me!:001_smile:

Why do you roll bracken:confused1: I havent come across this practise, please enlighten me!:001_smile:

The theory is that it breaks the fronds in several places but keeps it attached to the root. This causes it to effectivly bleed to death. It puts energy into trying to grow which removes the energy stored in the root so it comes back less vigerously. Best done with a cambridge roller or proper bracken roller.

We trialed it with regular one as we had hundreds of acres of the stuff to cut but with only one working mower