read an ad for seasoned wood - but hang on it isnt??

Joy Yeomans

saw this advert for firewood in an ebay listing - when i read it sounds like air seasoning is no good:sneaky2:thats going to ill inform yet more folks and further push the kiln dried sales - :thumbdown: how can they list seasonsed at 30-50% mc - listing from a stove installer and the logs from a well known nation wide firewood firm (kiln dried if you know what i mean CW in green packaging )-

"Seasoned logs are naturally air dried to an average moisture content of 30-50% and by the nature of the process, will vary between logs and species.

Seasoned logs are naturally air dried to an average moisture content of 30-50% and by the nature of the process, will vary between logs and species. They are not suitable for immediate burning on stoves, but fine for open fires or further storage. All the wood is hardwood, sourced from Sustainable British Woodland and the logs are cut to an average length of 25cm."

Edited by Joy Yeomans
addition

And when the customer can't burn it because it is too wet they will come to you and me for something they can burn.

you may sell wet wood to a customer once and pass it off as seasoned but you will not get a second chance to do it.

i would never sell green wood ,but some folk will buy rubish around here as long as its cheep ,and there are plenty of boys floging rubbish ,most folk are fools and boy im fed up of trying to educate them

i am trying to get costomers to buy 12 month ahead,to those that have the space,seem to be working,those cheapo costomers can allways buy poplar!!!

I think long term people will have to take their first load in the summer. This frees up our storage space for deliveries in the winter. Otherwise we have to pay for wood, wages and storage 6 months before we see any return. Any cost I incur have to be passed on to the customer so its in both parties interest to make it efficient.

• 2 weeks later...

Properly seasoned firewood obviously makes us the most money per load. I always offer self season wood too for less which has the main advantage of freeing up room for me as has been mentioned.

It goes without saying that you need to let the customer know exactly what they are getting otherwise it just comes back & bites you in the arse & gives you a bad reputation...

regarding a company "certainly wood" i phoned them yesterday asking for an arctic load to newport, said they wern,t taking on any customers, rekon it,s because they have deals with the big sheds, selling themselves at £128m3.

also rang a local from cw website of stokists, he couldn't do 1m3 without checking with C,W

The forestry commision and welsh assembly hear are spouting on about local sustainable product Cw base in england byeing welsh wood process it over the border then sell through the back door in wales through the big sheads.

Money talks and those that have it want the rest to scavenge or work for min wage for them, while the government and our taxes subsidise there wealth, along with the massive grants they get,,,, rant over