Nice fell with a bottle jack

Ian Flatters

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use bottle jacks regularly for edge trees. It will shift a tree a wedge wont even touch. It will send over trees so back weighted that when youve put your ally wedge in and finished the cut the wood above and below the wedge squashes and the tree sits back anyway. I always have one in the car for such ocasions. If you can wedge it if not jack it over.

I use bottle jacks regularly for edge trees. It will shift a tree a wedge wont even touch. It will send over trees so back weighted that when youve put your ally wedge in and finished the cut the wood above and below the wedge squashes and the tree sits back anyway. I always have one in the car for such ocasions. If you can wedge it if not jack it over.

so do we!Your right about the wedges being squashed into the stump,happens with the jack sometimes too.All that effort banging in wedges,you get the tree down,your knackered then you've got to do the same with the next tree!Still handy to have the hi-lifters in aswell to spread the load especially on a windy day like most this week!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...