How do you climb?

mikedrums69

18mtr blaze, 37mtr tacyon/bluemoon both with XT+ hitchclimber. 7mtr long fly lanyard with ART positioner off the lower Ds on the treemotion, even for chogging down.

never found the best length for a strop started with 3mtrs, went down to 2, then 5, 3.5, 4, 7 now thinking of going back to 5:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Thanks for all the replys guys.

I'm really into my climbing and do it whenever i can at work and every weekend without fail.

I use a 37m, 11mm Yale Blaze with a 9mm Marlow friction cord (VT) w/ the Hitchclimber brass. Which i use on my Centre D and a 5m, 13mm Yale XTC 5m strop with a 8mm Marlow double braid (distel) w/ micro pulley and snap hook on the other end, which i use on my side D's

I did have the 11mm Marlow Aeris line but stupidly got it snagged on the chainsaw dangling below and pulled :thumbdown:. Lovely Rope! Still got it about 30m left but no Eye :crying:. so its just sitting in my kit baqg at the mo as i haven't decided what to do with it :confused1:

Also gonna swope my XTC strop with a wirecore one just to be a lil bit safer.

I'm a huge fan of toys and gadgets but im also a fan of keeping things to a minimum and simple lol. So im trying to get the best of both worlds :001_tongue:

Dont swap your strop for a wirecore strop. Get one as well. You only need the wirecore strop when you are taking down a pole and cutting above your strop in case you slip.

When in the canoy you dont need a wire strop and it is better to have a soft stop that you can switch between your side d's and front attachment.

I climb with a Vt hitchclimber set up on my main and a 5m lanyard with a Cinch adjuster. I swap the cinch lanyard for a wirecore flipline with a vt adjuster for working on spikes.

Dont swap your strop for a wirecore strop. Get one as well. You only need the wirecore strop when you are taking down a pole and cutting above your strop in case you slip.

When in the canoy you dont need a wire strop and it is better to have a soft stop that you can switch between your side d's and front attachment.

I climb with a Vt hitchclimber set up on my main and a 5m lanyard with a Cinch adjuster. I swap the cinch lanyard for a wirecore flipline with a vt adjuster for working on spikes.

I and a few people I work with always use there wire core strop in a canopy each to there own though