Conny topping near power line

MaxJ

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries Tom, big day, tired mate.

I just think the powerline stuff has been discussed before, and is not to be taken lightly.

Did a takedown near some 415V lines for a sparks a couple of weeks ago.

He says he only knows ot one bloke to survive a full-juice belt of 415, and he lost both arms.

Inspite of what you may be able to get away with i'd be very careful mate, done my share of line work and pushed the "live zone" boundaries and even with fully insulated poles and gloves we felt the tingling in our arms......

And if it's wet..................................!

Arbtalk used to be a great source of info and good for a laugh at the right times, threads like this make me wonder why I bother any more, how long before someone actually gets seriously injured or even killed due to reading some of this.

Arbtalk used to be a great source of info and good for a laugh at the right times, threads like this make me wonder why I bother any more, how long before someone actually gets seriously injured or even killed due to reading some of this.

Bad day mate?

I think that is a tad sweeping. I know that one post was a bit..ahem...misguided:blushing:, but the rest have been fairly constructive really- get a shutdown, dont do it etc etc. How can those sorts of answers possibly be construed as that to which you allure?:confused1:

Bad day mate?

I think that is a tad sweeping. I know that one post was a bit..ahem...misguided:blushing:, but the rest have been fairly constructive really- get a shutdown, dont do it etc etc. How can those sorts of answers possibly be construed as that to which you allure?:confused1:

Good day actually.

It was not aimed specifically at you, prob not even just this thread. All too often now comments, both in jest and in good faith, are made that scare the **** out of me.

Remember that there will be many people use this site who are not capable (through lack of knowledge/experience/etc) of telling the difference.

Good day actually.

It was not aimed specifically at you, prob not even just this thread. All too often now comments, both in jest and in good faith, are made that scare the **** out of me.

Remember that there will be many people use this site who are not capable (through lack of knowledge/experience/etc) of telling the difference.

Fair point, and actually i agree to acertain extent.:001_cool:

The customer can get them cut for free as a request,i know that wont make you any money,but youll still be alive it might be called LV but it will kill you stone dead in a heart beat,your local power firm the people who put poles up etc will have all the answers,if you aint sure dont touch em ive seen the pictures when we did our courses it aint pretty.

Thanks all, even you Tom!!

They are insulated but still going to speak with the power firm in the morning and see what they say. Customer has other work for me to do there and there's no rush on the job.

Thanks for all the constructive comments!