some of my missfortunes!!...whats yours??

Sully

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:001_huh:

Crikey thats bad. perhaps you'd be better off working in a library.

I know, I'm not very good with a saw tbh.

In my defence the last one was over 10 years ago.:biggrin:

I could say its the experience and learning from my mistakes, but, in reality I'm probably lazier now and work slower.:thumbup:

the worst thing i can think of,was d/w some large limes in ilkley,last cut was a dead stump 2ft long hand held section ,got it by 1,end & dropped it like a dart in to a large clearing only to watch in orr as driffted in slow motion in to a limb & redirected its self on coures with a memoreal bench made out of some fancy teak ,its seemed to take for ever to land ,:cursing:

Too many to mention, but a funny that sticks in the memory is a stump winching Saturday job going wrong which smashed one arm off a concrete statue.

Didn't know whether to come clean, break the other arm off and pretend it was a Venus De Milo, or bodge it and scarper.

Seeing as she had added loads of brash onto the pile I had agreed to chip, and not offered us a single brew, we clagged the arm back on with clay, picked up the cheque and left.

I felt bad until my third pint.

Too many to mention, but a funny that sticks in the memory is a stump winching Saturday job going wrong which smashed one arm off a concrete statue.

Didn't know whether to come clean, break the other arm off and pretend it was a Venus De Milo, or bodge it and scarper.

Seeing as she had added loads of brash onto the pile I had agreed to chip, and not offered us a single brew, we clagged the arm back on with clay, picked up the cheque and left.

Brilliant :lol::lol:

Mint and by the fourth pint you,d forgotten all about it :thumbup:

1 greenhouse (and I honeslty think thats it!). Although I know a complete incompetant who has.... broken his back falling out of a tree, bust his ankle taking down a hung up tree, felled a tree onto his 90, and his tractor, and his trailer, headbutted a winch about 365 times, nearly caused me to write a car off due to his idiocy, while towing a chipper with chute down drove into a hilux pushing it into my trators front wheel - chipper and hilux were in a poor state.... the list does actually go on a bit..!

Apart from the odd fence panel and cracking pavings with chogs, the worse thin g that has happened to me (when i was young and over keen!) was whilst lowering off a massive (far too big) dead limb on a radiata which snapped in two on hitting the main stem sending a large section through the lounge window of a moblie home onto the sofa! oh and i also once felled myself out of a leylandii hedge, landed on my shoulder which still gives me problems. i like to think im a bit older and wiser now:laugh1: