some of my missfortunes!!...whats yours??

Sully

bent a tv areial, droped a log on silky pole saw, worse thing was big lump of beech stem about 20ft up cutting 5ft peice off had 2 groundies pulling it they couldnt pull it ended up cracking off, went backwards i dodged it and it landed onto next doors flat roof! that really hit me hard when that happened felt awful. havent had any damage so far since that 4 years on touch wood :001_smile:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been doing this a while now, obviously i,ve done many heroic things im very proud of. but un fortunately, as our proffesion dictates, ive also had a few gaffs in my time.. heres a few i can think of off the top of my head.

1, cut a branch off, bounced tip end when hit the ground and butt punched through some ones bedroom window!

2.had my hard hat chipped when left in chipper (dont put it there anymore)

3.broke my foot when a large ring of oak was dropped on it, ouch.

4.went to fell a lombardy in a cemetery, it went wrong way and landed on a load of graves..the day before mothers day..(i know, thats bad)

thats just a few but i have to say i've learnt my lesson and am not such an oaf.

What about the heroic things you have done?? Were you in the military or something before tree work? Fireservice maybe? Please tell......

Felled a Cypress with an iron bar in it. Tree twisted 90 degrees took down some lv wires which went into the garden pond an electrocuted the pet duck.

The clients son was watching and said "thats the coolest thing I've ever seen!"

Excellent that's the funniest thing iv'e read on here in a while!!!!!:laugh1::laugh1:

Felled a Mahogany with an iron bar in it. Tree twisted 90 degrees took down some lv wires which went into the jungle pond an electrocuted all the Piranhas.

The Indigenous tribes people were watching and said "thats the coolest thing they'd ever seen!"

This would of been soooo much beter Matt :001_rolleyes::lol:

The original is still pretty good though :001_smile:

my worst was felling an aspen that went sideways and crushed a childs swing. nipped to argos got a new one before the customer came back, had it all set up in the garden same model in the same place. kid comes back sees the knackard swing next to my pick up and wouldn't stop crying. :blushing::thumbdown: