some of my missfortunes!!...whats yours??

Sully

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i once started an arborist website :001_rolleyes:

I once dropped a wee hand held chog in a flippant, nonchalent, almost carefree kind of way. I turned to look where it might land, puffing on me rolly as is my want, and to my horror there was Steve Bullman, helmet off and looking up into the canopy, blinded by the setting sun and shouting something about a cup of tea.

I tried to warn him, but as I opened my mouth to shout, dropping me rolly in the process, it was too late. Square between the eyes it got him and he went down like a poleaxed thingy.

Andy Collins was groundying and he rushed to his aid, muttering something about, hippy climbers and rollups. When I reached the ground, Steve was comeing too a bit, though he had a bit of a nasty gash. He shook his head a few times and said….

I’ve got an idea ……. the rest is history:001_smile:

Spent three days zip lining bits of tree over a barn (in gales and driving rain). Tidying up and removing the last couple of bit by hand as the anchor were too low zip line them (the sun had come out by then), when the last one slipped out of my grasp and straight through the roof . to say that i was gutted is an understatment.

Small Ash branch, caught by the wind flew 50yards and made a small hole in an asbestos shed roof.

Down stairs single glazed window.

Felled a dead Sycamore, dead wood flew over a nearby fence making a hole in a plastic patio table.

First time I had a hiab , a strop snapped dropping large log braking a concrete flag.

Backing up mog, groundie watching, he shouted woe 2inches to late, knocked over wall.

A fence panel and 2 green house windows (not on the same job)

Felling a tree under some phone line, it was a modern round black wire (very strong), so decided it would just flick the wire and be OK, but it was fastened to the barge boards and as the tree flicked the line it pulled the barge boards of the house. Luckily the wire did not break and my dad (who's a joiner) soon stuck it back.

Felling a tree under some phone line, it was a modern round black wire (very strong), so decided it would just flick the wire and be OK,

Friend of mine did similar, but with an electric concentric to a house. 4 or 5 rusted poles ended up collapsing leaving live cables 6 foot off the ground all the way down the street