Chainsaw trousers - fat legs?

bolthole

Not sure tbh but what ever you do doing buy any sip ultrafits, you won't get them past your ankles never mind you're thighs.:laugh1:

I have some sip progress that are quite baggy, actually more baggy than I would prefer tbh. Although they are type A, dunno what the C's are like.

Interesting question about the effectiveness of the blocking material in regards to how tight they are.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if the material is stretched so flat that a tooth passes right through it before it is dragged in to the clutch, you could receive a serious laceration before the chain stops.

Agreed but the devil’s advocate says, if the chain grabs a big chunk of material it will stop the chain quicker

This could be quite a serious issue.

I think tightly fitting trousers could offer much less protection??

Any one else think the same??

Hmm thats a really interesting thought, it does sound feasible but as has been said there are still the same amount of layers so would it be compromised, I'm in two minds on this one, also just read that hand sharpened chains are alot more aggressive through layers of protection, lots of variables I think,:confused1:

This could be quite a serious issue.

I think tightly fitting trousers could offer much less protection??

Any one else think the same??

when i caught my leg just before christmas, the trousers were stretched as i was in a funny position and the saw went straight through them, i wasnt even at full revs, just blimping the throttle as i finished a cut(cutting and holding)

Cheers All,

I guess it's the Stretch Air pants then.

I've got a pair of Husqvarna class A pants which are just fine... seems like the extra protection is the problem!

I'll post and let you all know what the fit's like - I'm sure I can't be the only one with this problem.

Cheers...:thumbup:

• 3 years later...