Ms880 ?????????????

DN22 Gardening

Hi all

Looking to buy an 880.

We'll only need it 7/8 times a year, i'm guessing, so not looking to spend £1500 on a new one.

We've been offered a second hand one, 2007, for the right money

My query is this.........

The one i've used in the past have all been fairly new..

With the new style "tooless fuel caps".

The one we've been offered has a toolless cap on the fuel, but the older style, stick the combi spanner in, on the chain oil.....

Is this some form of cross over model (one of our 034's has new style caps but front tensioning ??), or could it be an older saw which has been rebuilt????

Any thoughts,

Also, we've been thinking...

Would there be a market for hiring these out....

Obviously, you'd have to be selective with your clients

i.e. only renting it out to people who can either show the relevant tickets, or demonstrate suitable knowledge.

The courier we use for the sheds has said he's happy doing a two day delivery on an 880 with 4' bar for £15 each way...

One to think about :confused1:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say its an older saw with a new tank/handle.

What he said

As far as hiring out, i personally would be reluctant due to the usual abuse of hire tools and treat it as a long term investment. Buying a saw like that is a once in a lifetime purchase with that much use.

Just my ten

have you thought maybe the 3120xp might be an option

ive never used one of them, or an 880, but the only problem i have with the 3120 is that it says 'husqvarna' on the side :001_tt2::lol:

i am actually interested in hiring a saw that would run a 36" bar for a couple of days as we have some big lumps of wood that need cutting up!