work till you drop

lendahand

I think i heard a chap on the radio saying certain jobs will be reviewed at 65,

IE a physical job and the person in question cannot carry out the job well enough anymore. Maybe that person in their head thinks they have still got it BUT everyone around them knows that arent what they used to be.

I think i heard a chap on the radio saying certain jobs will be reviewed at 65,

IE a physical job and the person in question cannot carry out the job well enough anymore. Maybe that person in their head thinks they have still got it BUT everyone around them knows that arent what they used to be.

Does this count when your 27 mozza?

no reason why you can't climb into you sixties!

eat well, strength train and stretch, don't smoke and drink loads.

too many people bitch ab out being too old to do stuff.

Ah so thats the key, loads of beer.:thumbup:

Also depends on what injuries you pick up over the years, I expect my wrists, shoulders and knees to be well shot by the time I reach 50!

no reason why you can't climb into you sixties!

eat well, strength train and stretch, don't smoke and drink loads.

too many people bitch ab out being too old to do stuff.

Fair points martyn, what age are you mate? i know i feel a difference from when i was 35 to now nearlly 45.

my injuries dont heal as quick i find i have to strech lots more to have less flexability than i had 10 year ago, but as for climbing i am lucky that i work for myself and can price the job to take into account the speed i go at, i dont think i could climb for another company commercially.

but that might be just me.

There are 2 kinds of tree surgeon out there:

those with a low oppinion of themselves and their proffession who feel embarassed to charge a proffessional rate. These people will allways struggle to pay bills and replace worn out kit, and they will retire at the retirement age with broken bodies and a dismal future on a state pension.

Those who charge a proffessional rate and can afford a private pension and to run their business properly, they will retire earlier and still have some strength, money and fitness left to enjoy the rest of their lives.

Fair points martyn, what age are you mate? i know i feel a difference from when i was 35 to now nearlly 45.

my injuries dont heal as quick i find i have to strech lots more to have less flexability than i had 10 year ago, but as for climbing i am lucky that i work for myself and can price the job to take into account the speed i go at, i dont think i could climb for another company commercially.

but that might be just me.

And me :thumbup:

There are 2 kinds of tree surgeon out there:

those with a low oppinion of themselves and their proffession who feel embarassed to charge a proffessional rate. These people will allways struggle to pay bills and replace worn out kit, and they will retire at the retirement age with broken bodies and a dismal future on a state pension.

Those who charge a proffessional rate and can afford a private pension and to run their business properly, they will retire earlier and still have some strength, money and fitness left to enjoy the rest of their lives.

:001_rolleyes:So long as its worth something when the time comes, my mother, who is a nurse, will not get back the money she paid into her private pension, she would have been better of putting it under the bed!!!:thumbdown: