Tracked Chippers

Highland Forestry

if i was to go for a good alround tracked whipper i think i would go for a schliesing but it all comes down to what you are going to use to get it to site etc i tried the 10 inch greenmech but to be honest was not to impressed with it .

1, big prob with the schiesling the COST !!!not even the l/a can afford them now £40k for a 6" tracked chipper ,how many co, can justify that out lay ??:001_smile:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stick to what you have Mat, when you start going onto huge chippers feeding them by hand kills the lads, and the weight issue comes into things. if you are wanting one for what i think you are then i would buy the tracked dumper off clasifieds with the loader on it and stick a bandit 250 on it. You then have an extraction unit that will go anywhere (which you could use on most of your sites) you could run aggrigate and put a clamshell on it and also feed a big chipper sitting on your backside.:thumbup1:

1, big prob with the schiesling the COST !!!not even the l/a can afford them now £40k for a 6" tracked chipper ,how many co, can justify that out lay ??:001_smile:

i know guys that have both the varitrak and schiesling tracked chipper. They all want to use the mech:biggrin::biggrin:

stick to what you have Mat, when you start going onto huge chippers feeding them by hand kills the lads, and the weight issue comes into things. if you are wanting one for what i think you are then i would buy the tracked dumper off clasifieds with the loader on it and stick a bandit 250 on it. You then have an extraction unit that will go anywhere (which you could use on most of your sites) you could run aggrigate and put a clamshell on it and also feed a big chipper sitting on your backside.:thumbup1:

mmmmmm bandit. me like, drool...

The tracked bandits look awesome, I have spent far too much time on youtube looking at bandits.. but as with the vermeer, they're not variable track

mmmmmm bandit. me like, drool...

The tracked bandits look awesome, I have spent far too much time on youtube looking at bandits.. but as with the vermeer, they're not variable track

Welcome to Global Recycling

Just over 20k (with a winch) if I remember rightly, they had one in stock just after Christmas, not sure if its still there.

Welcome to Global Recycling

Just over 20k (with a winch) if I remember rightly, they had one in stock just after Christmas, not sure if its still there.

haha, i was just gonna put a link up for that!

rang them up just after christmas, a scottish l/a had it on trial and brought it for i think 24k, ex demo, new was i think 28k

been looking at importing a bandit here in sweden, but unfortunatly bandit america no longer export direct, only to a dealer, who subsequently sticks their cut on:thumbdown:

edit, global recyclings bandit was vari tracked, because GR import in road tow machines, then add the tracked under carriage themselves, this is what the rep told me

i took your advice on chippers and hired a vari trak greenmech last week this machine was fantastic for what we needed chipping up to 6 inch larch and tops off sycamore with cord wood being kept. must say thanks to alistair thomson and paul if they are on arbtalk very helpful guys cheers