Man fined for drowning squirrel

High Scale

I am indeed samsaw... Time spent stalking and culling in Uk, Finland, Norway, Belgium, Germany and Italy. You a shooting man?

Ah nice. I do a fair bit of stalking here, but I havent been abroad yet. Mainly stalk roe and reds, with the odd Sika when I can. We have a nice patch up in Aberdeenshire which is rather nicely crawling with Roe, and should be up there for a few days next week :thumbup:

Its nice to meet a fellow stalker though :001_smile:

Sam

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say after reading about this it's PC gone mad!! As already mentioned rat poison is IMO a very inhumane way to dispatch an animal as it suffers massive internal bleeding hence lots of pain over a long period of time whereas drowning is fairly quick. Wouldn't say painless but i'm sure less suffering but i feel the main lesson in all of this is that should you have to dispatch any vermin at all do it out of the way of the nosey neighbours and people that don't understand the reasons why!!

Ah nice. I do a fair bit of stalking here, but I havent been abroad yet. Mainly stalk roe and reds, with the odd Sika when I can. We have a nice patch up in Aberdeenshire which is rather nicely crawling with Roe, and should be up there for a few days next week :thumbup:

Its nice to meet a fellow stalker though :001_smile:

Sam

Nice one always nice to meet like minded people, i go up to to Dumfries and Perth way for my shooting. Get yourself to Finland for the Moose and the whitetail and Begium,Germany for the boar. I did my european large game ticket in Finland and it was a top course.

As for this guy drowning the squirrel, if he is daft enough to let people know what he is doing or to let people see what he is doing, he deserves the fine. Im still not a fan of squirrel water torture though... There are more efficient ways to kill things.

Edited by big fell!
typo

Nice one always nice to meet like minded people, i go up to to Dumfries and Perth way for my shooting. Get yourself to Finland for the Moose and the whitetail and Begium,Germany for the boar. I did my european large game ticket in Finland and it was a top course.

Ah lovely, I have a friend who owes me a moose (long story) who lives in Norway, looks like fun, I have shot pigs in dorset and loved it, I dont fancy driven much though.

Sam

As for this guy drowning the squirrel, if he is daft enough to let people know what he is doing or to let people see what he is doing, he deserves the fine. Im still not a fan of squirrel water torture though... There are more efficient ways to kill things.

Big Fell, where is the quote from at the bottom of your posts? It's driving me mad not being able to place it!